share rss forum feed

CrackerJacks
Premium
join:2004-05-06
Belgium

1 edit

Need a new avatar

This was my current one
Could anyone here make me a new avatar, I'm told mine is annoying and was asked to change it. This is the 2nd time I had to change my avatar in the past week.

sargeeld
Sgm Retired
Premium
join:2002-12-16
Raeford, NC

1 edit
Check »wizlair.com/graphics and see if one catches your eye.

EDIT: All of these are made to BBR specs.

CyberRage
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-21
Jasper, AL
reply to CrackerJacks
Well, if you are going for ready rolled avatars try »www.wafen.net Those are already 5K or smaller. Some were made during the 40 by 50 days but you will find many 40 by 40's. I have no idea which of those may already be in use here.
--
Prop your feet up at Southeast Chat

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to CrackerJacks
It's probably the contrast black/white and, or flashing so fast. If don't find another right away-this should be less annoying

marcelle19
cross
Premium,MVM
join:2002-03-02
Phelan, CA
kudos:1
reply to CrackerJacks
I think, perhaps, one of the reasons it was labeled "annoying" might have something to do with the fact that a strobing effect - whether by lights or on a TV, etc. - has been shown, medically, to incite epileptic episodes in affected individuals. I don't know anyone who would seriously think that showing such a thing that would cause such an episode was funny, and even though your intent might not have been to do so, that might be what the mods are asking you to remove it for.

Just a guess on my part, I really don't know what they are thinking.
--
Some people think they gain through dishonest means, never realizing that in lying, cheating, and other dishonesty, they are losing pieces of themselves, which they can never recover.

marcelle19
cross
Premium,MVM
join:2002-03-02
Phelan, CA
reply to CrackerJacks
Here's a quick one using your name.

CrackerJacks
Premium
join:2004-05-06
Belgium
reply to marcelle19
said by marcelle19:
I think, perhaps, one of the reasons it was labeled "annoying" might have something to do with the fact that a strobing effect - whether by lights or on a TV, etc. - has been shown, medically, to incite epileptic episodes in affected individuals. I don't know anyone who would seriously think that showing such a thing that would cause such an episode was funny, and even though your intent might not have been to do so, that might be what the mods are asking you to remove it for.

Just a guess on my part, I really don't know what they are thinking.

I agree, I mean it was approved but then I was asked to delete it.

2kmaro
Think
Premium,ExMod 1 BC
join:2000-07-11
ColossalCave

2 recommendations

A little behind the scenes action: yes it was initially approved - as viewed in one browser. When viewed in the predominant browser (IE), it was found to flash at a higher rate. One that, as marcelle19 See Profile noted, has been known to actually induce epileptic siezures - and yes, we do have some members (at least one that I know of personally) who could be affected by such a thing. And probably be at least slightly offended by the choice of wording of that avatar also, quite frankly. The 'danger' range of rate of flash is from 2 to 55 cycles/second, if you're curious. And flashing is distinct from just movement - my stars move around, that avatar flashed.

As a final note, we all appreciate the way you dealt with this and your acceptance of the request to change avatars yet again.
--
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment. Barry LePatner