Neogeek
Premium Member
join:2002-05-13
Calabasas, CA

1 recommendation

Neogeek

Premium Member

2 Week old Acura 04 TL

Well this is the new addition to the family. so fun being a manual 6 speed. Got it for a great price in the end also. I will have some interiors when I fix my camera.

also my apologies for all the chrom abs, I didnt want to wait for the sun to work in my favor.

Rubicon6
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Philly

Rubicon6

Premium Member

Congrats. Now send those pics to your insurance co

belialli
join:2001-03-31
Brooklyn, NY

belialli to Neogeek

to Neogeek
SWEET!!!! I have the 03 version of the Tl, wish I held out for another year. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Neogeek
Premium Member
Calabasas, CA

Neogeek

Premium Member

heh thanks.

umm well you can prb get it much cheaper in NY, but here in Cali its really hard to negotiate a good deal. Well with that said, everything including tax and registration was about 34k. I was not willing to pay over 35 for it, so getting for 34 was pleasing. I ended up spending $1000 for tint and all season matts and a hitch but all in all a good experience at my dealer.
Neogeek

Neogeek

Premium Member

here are some interior shots. sorry that the mats are dirty, i just got back from mountain biking...

Neogeek

Neogeek

Premium Member

sre there any other TL owners out there? there is a great acura forum over at acura-tl.com... if any of you tl'ers are interested.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA

bobrk to Neogeek

Premium Member

to Neogeek
Eh, nice window tinting!

Neogeek
Premium Member
Calabasas, CA

Neogeek

Premium Member

lol thanks bobrk

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Neogeek

Premium Member

to Neogeek
NICE! Im trying to convince my wife to get that color TL, she likes the Lighter Silver or the White.

JeedaiKnight
0verthinking
Premium Member
join:2002-03-15
Portland, OR

JeedaiKnight to Neogeek

Premium Member

to Neogeek
MMMMM i love the TL...my mom has an '04 in dark blue...so pretty...so fast...*drools...*steals mom's car*

Neogeek
Premium Member
Calabasas, CA

Neogeek

Premium Member

Yea i love Anthracite... I heard that next years model they are getting rid of the blue

Sisqo
World Champs. Babe Who?
Premium Member
join:2002-08-14
Methuen, MA

Sisqo to Neogeek

Premium Member

to Neogeek
Very nice!! The car looks beautiful.

Mick18
join:2001-04-22
San Jose, CA

Mick18 to Neogeek

to Neogeek
that's a really cool car. how do you like the stereo system?

Neogeek
Premium Member
Calabasas, CA

Neogeek

Premium Member

Thanks

I love the stereo system! I got the Linkin Park Reanimation DVD-A, and evem when i was playing with people in the car who cant stand that music, they were constantly moving their heads listening to all the different channels comming out of each speaker... although its only 210 watts which in my mind is WAY underpowered, and i want to upgrade it, but first i have to find an amp that supports 6 channels...

The XM i am finding is... ok... I have all my presets but they tend to repeat themselves.

In my mind i think for the money it has the best interior out of any of cars in its price class.

C34
Oh Hallah
join:2002-11-12
Los Angeles, CA

C34 to Neogeek

to Neogeek
My GMC Envoy owns your Acura TL.... lol. Actually, I did beat you in that one race... Gotta get better at shifting you do...

Neogeek
Premium Member
Calabasas, CA

1 edit

Neogeek

Premium Member

lol of course you won since i was only shifting at 4k (had another 2.8k to go and Vtec dosnt switch to the higher cam until 6200)... wanted to break in the engine not destroy it... we'll have a rematch, and just you wait

Mick18
San Jose, CA

Mick18 to Neogeek

to Neogeek
how fast does your car go from zero to sixty mph?

Neogeek
Premium Member
Calabasas, CA

Neogeek

Premium Member

well i dont know about c3's 4 speed auto, but my 6 speed man's 0-60 with a good launch is 5.8 seconds stock... when i did mine with c3, it was prb a high 7 lol but that was a month ago and i have gotten used to Honda's springy clutch...

C34
Oh Hallah
join:2002-11-12
Los Angeles, CA

C34 to Neogeek

to Neogeek
my 4-speed auto has a said 0-60 of about 8 sec, but i've timed it multiple times and i get a little less, best one so far is about 7.5 sec. wait til i get my engine mods (exhaust, intake chip, maybe headers). I'll own your little stock TL . l8r.

Neogeek
Premium Member
Calabasas, CA

Neogeek

Premium Member

lol i knew you were gunna put that on me next... $$$$$ later you will be faster them my stock...

two can play that game...

AEM intake, comptech headers, comptech exhaust, comptech SC, Prokit ECU... but thats after like 9k of work on the car and many more hours at McDonalds

The only that is limiting me is that my car is FWD... -_-

Mick18
San Jose, CA

Mick18 to Neogeek

to Neogeek
5.8 sec? whoa, that's amazingly fast. that would beat most cars on the road, unless it's a Z-6 or WRX-STI.

natedj
Elected
Premium Member
join:2001-06-06
Irmo, SC

natedj to Neogeek

Premium Member

to Neogeek
I've been wanting a Tl for a few years now....but I got a house...then got married. But the next time I get the itch, you better believe I'm going to scratch it....."smeagle luvs TL" **drools** "Tl is our master"...Oh my precious...My precious.

P.S. Mine will be a auto tranny w/ the navi system.

Neogeek
Premium Member
Calabasas, CA

Neogeek

Premium Member

yea 5.8 is really fast for a tl, although only one mag has been able to achieve those times, so i know i have a long way to go in order to get those times into shape.

natedj: yea the new TL style is great... i would wait for the 05 if your gunna get a TL since Acura just issued an Auto tranny recal (joys of a manual) I heard the Nav is a really cool feature and useful (too bad my parents didnt agree with me on that)

AlgoAsi
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22

AlgoAsi to Neogeek

Premium Member

to Neogeek
....checking the top of the page to make sure I'm actually in a photography forum......