spc
uniqs
Kobra007
join:2004-06-15
Longwood, FL

Kobra007 to BrettStarr

to BrettStarr

Re: Kobra's Antivirus SHOWDOWN results.

1) MSD2D doesn't exist? The site is owned by Microsoft as a developer to developer resource. They yearly, award various products in various catagories. Maybe you need to brush up on your google skills.

2) I don't see "Kaspersky Labs" dismissing anything. All I see is one guy at a reseller for the KAV product, questioning 2 samples in a 321 sample set. In fact, hes questioning that the extended database picked up 2 samples, which i've verified to be malicious with 6 labs. So I think its pointless to argue something so trivial as this.

Seems like people people like to argue, for the sake of argueing, and quite honestly, it *IS* entertaining. But at some point you just have to ask "why". Maybe I will bundle up my next test, put it on a "Pay" website, and make AV developers pay $1000.00 a year to see the logs and full detailed test reports, and get something out of the next test other than angry fanboys mad their products didn't stack up. Sounds like a plan to me!

Keizer
I'M Your Huckleberry
MVM
join:2003-01-20

1 recommendation

Keizer

MVM

said by Kobra007:
1)
Maybe I will bundle up my next test, put it on a "Pay" website, and make AV developers pay $1000.00 a year to see the logs and full detailed test reports, and get something out of the next test other than angry fanboys mad their products didn't stack up. Sounds like a plan to me!

Well at least we finally know what you require to get any details about your tests!

Keizer

BrettStarr
Premium Member
join:2003-11-07
Las Vegas, NV

1 recommendation

BrettStarr to Kobra007

Premium Member

to Kobra007
said by Kobra007:
1) MSD2D doesn't exist? The site is owned by Microsoft as a developer to developer resource. They yearly, award various products in various catagories. Maybe you need to brush up on your google skills.
Perhaps YOU better brush up on your google skills. Doesn't look like MSD2D is owned by Microsoft to me!
-
I stand by original post ... there is no such MICROSOFT AWARD!
-
See ya.
BrettStarr

1 edit

BrettStarr to Kobra007

Premium Member

to Kobra007
edit: duplicate post. sorry.
Schouw
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
Netherlands

2 recommendations

Schouw to Kobra007

Premium Member

to Kobra007
said by Kobra007:
2) I don't see "Kaspersky Labs" dismissing anything. All I see is one guy at a reseller for the KAV product, questioning 2 samples in a 321 sample set.
You want a statement?
Here's your statement: Kaspersky Labs dismisses this 'test'.
quote:
Maybe I will bundle up my next test, put it on a "Pay" website, and make AV developers pay $1000.00 a year to see the logs and full detailed test reports, and get something out of the next test other than angry fanboys mad their products didn't stack up. Sounds like a plan to me!

I won't even comment on this..
happin_in
join:2003-09-25

1 recommendation

happin_in to Kobra007

to Kobra007
That one fella is Igor who works for Kav Labs in moscow and the moderator of the unofficial Kav forum . Im my understanding it was rather obvious what he was saying.