King75
King Of All And Nothing
Premium Member
join:2004-07-31
Stevensville, MD

King75 to pike

Premium Member

to pike
I converted my Account OK but I can't download BOINC the file just isn't there. Does anyone have an external download site I could use?

Liontaur
Lets Get Boincing Already

join:2001-11-03
Salmon Arm, BC

Liontaur

boinc_3.20_w···lx86.zip
1,578,068 bytes
(boinc_3.20_windows_intelx86.exe)
Ok, here's the most recent BOINC installer for windows, version 3.20
King75
King Of All And Nothing
Premium Member
join:2004-07-31
Stevensville, MD

King75 to pike

Premium Member

to pike
I transfered my account to BOINC but it doesn't have all of my WUs. Also I there are no work units atm for me to download. This is weird, I have this new software to use my spare CPU time and now it has nothing to do.

Dantopia soon to be to pike

Anon

to pike

Re: Bionic

I'm new to Seti@home, been wanting to do it, finally got it, and got a q, what is better about bionic than classic seti@home
l0tu53at3r
join:2003-09-11
Morrill, NE

l0tu53at3r to pike

to pike

Re: How to switch from SETI Classic to SETI BOINC

I'm trying to get this Bionic thing to work...I'm not sure if its working the way its supposed to.

How do I know if I'm on the team, I couldn't tell if it put me on the team for Bionic or not. Also, is the Bionic client actually doing anything? All I ever see it do is "deferring communication with project for [insert time]"??

jimeez
Heads Are Empty
Premium Member
join:2002-04-28
Newville, PA

jimeez to pike

Premium Member

to pike
I am also unable to download the client. The file appears to be missing. Anyone have v. 4.05 for Windows? Thanks.

Liontaur

Salmon Arm, BC

Liontaur

boinc_4.05_w···lx86.zip
1,589,618 bytes
(boinc_4.05_windows_intelx86.exe)
Here ya go.

jimeez
Heads Are Empty
Premium Member
join:2002-04-28
Newville, PA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite

2 edits

jimeez

Premium Member

Click for full size
Thank you very much.....but I think their servers (?) might be down. I cannot connect. pike See Profile's link to join team Starfire isn't working either.

Edit: I guess this is the reason why. I should have read a little beofre asking. Sorry folks.
quote:
September 5, 2004
Because of the holiday weekend and family commitments we are a bit short handed and short on time. So the uldl move is taking us longer than expected.

September 3, 2004
The SnapApp folks were here for most of the afternoon. They replaced the processors with ones that are faster and have larger caches. More importantly, we talked about how to stabilize the system. The plan is to simplify both the HW and service mix as much as possible in the hopes of removing the variable that is causing the hangs (and of course they will be going for the root cause at their lab). We altered the startup so that a bare minimal set of services are running. And we are going to only use the 18000 head unit for now, keeping no data on the sd30 expansion. This means moving some data around. We first have to move the upload/download data to a temporary volume on the sd30, then reconfigure the space on the 18000 head, then move the uldl to the head. The move to the temp volume is happening now. Tomorrow morning we will do the reconfiguration and start final move. With luck we will have the project up by EOD tomorrow.

September 3, 2004
Some technical folks from Snap Appliance are on their way to SSL to provide on site support. They will likely swap out the CPUs.

September 2, 2004
The Snap App hung again. We will be down for the night.

cow116
Cisco Kid
Premium Member
join:2003-03-10
Indianapolis, IN

1 edit

cow116 to pike

Premium Member

to pike
nvm found a new one

Defiance
Computer Elite
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11
Minocqua, WI

Defiance to pike

Premium Member

to pike
Do I need to upgrade my systems for thew team or do I keep useing the seti client?
72245156 (banned)
TSWB.org
join:2000-07-11
Winnipeg, MB

72245156 (banned)

You can keep running them as they are now until they stop accepting classic SETI results.

Viper007Bond
Premium Member
join:2002-09-26
Portland, OR

1 edit

Viper007Bond to pike

Premium Member

to pike
[nvm - shoulda read the FAQ]
Lokk
join:2001-11-01
Scottsdale, AZ

Lokk to pike

to pike
Thanks, enjoying the new client

ditch5
Surf Some More
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Australia

ditch5 to l0tu53at3r

Premium Member

to l0tu53at3r
Open Boinc, click "Settings" and "Attach to project". The answer is there.
ditch5

ditch5

Premium Member

Mmmm. Plenty of answers already to the question I thought hadn't been answered.

panda0
Visualize Whirled Peas
join:2000-01-08
Largo, FL

panda0 to pike

to pike
I can't join Team Starfire!

I had to create a new account, and whenever I click the link to join Team Starfire, I get a 404 error page...

:-(

Liontaur

Salmon Arm, BC

1 edit

Liontaur

Where you getting the link from?

Edit: nevermind, I found it and fixed it. Try it now.

panda0
Visualize Whirled Peas
join:2000-01-08
Largo, FL

panda0

said by Liontaur:

Where you getting the link from?

Edit: nevermind, I found it and fixed it. Try it now.
Works great!

Thanks!

tidal
Tidal
Premium Member
join:2001-01-18
Madison, AL

1 edit

tidal to pike

Premium Member

to pike
said by pike See ProfileI recommend leaving all the
defaults, except for "Keep enough work on disk to last between x and x days". I set my max to 4 days. Don't bother setting it beyond 14 days -- SETI BOINC work units expire after 14 days and will not be processed.

I missed this setting and can't find it on the website to change. Anyone help me out.

Liontaur

Salmon Arm, BC

Liontaur

said by tidal:

I missed this setting and can't find it on the website to change. Anyone help me out.
Go here, then click on "View or edit general preferences", then click on "Edit preferences", then change the "Connect to network about every" field to however many days worth of WUs you want to keep on your local rig.

tidal
Tidal
Premium Member
join:2001-01-18
Madison, AL

tidal

Premium Member

said by Liontaur:

Go here, then click on "View or edit general preferences", then click on "Edit preferences", then change the "Connect to network about every" field to however many days worth of WUs you want to keep on your local rig.
thank you.... that did it

hardist
Premium Member
join:2003-11-22
Los Lunas, NM

hardist to pike

Premium Member

to pike
Hello folks,

I have created a NEW BOINC account ,as my old email is not working any longer , I have joined the BroadbandReports.com Team Starfire , however , when I try to join the team on this board , it takes me to the original seti@home page to varify my account ( asks for user name and password ) but the "NEW" account doesnt have a password , and it said no user found .

So I think this board and this site think I am NOT a member , I dunno yet as it said it will take a day to get the spinning icon .
My question is , will this site recognise me as a member ,since there is no way to varify that I am one ?

72245156 (banned)
TSWB.org
join:2000-07-11
Winnipeg, MB

72245156 (banned)

Pretty much on the honour system for the globe. Go here and add some SETI@Home info to your profile and the globe will show up in a day or 2. Welcome to the team.

Defiance
Computer Elite
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11
Minocqua, WI

Defiance to pike

Premium Member

to pike
Finnaly got around to reinstalling. I'm back in the game

crandles
@62.53.x.x

crandles to pike

Anon

to pike
Nice topic.

With classic closing down shortly, I am wondering what is likely to happen. I am sure there will be lots of folk who are only interested in SETI. Will there be many that will take the opportunity to try out different projects like climateprediction.net as well or instead of SETI.

Berkeley recommends running more than one project so that if one project is not handing out work for any reason....

Hope I don't get flamed too much for this, I am only wondering what is likely to happen and if you want to stick to SETI that is fine.

Jammy
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
Pittsburg, CA

Jammy to pike

Premium Member

to pike
All of my boxes are ready for the "official" changeover.

Jammy
Jammy

Jammy to pike

Premium Member

to pike
Where's the new seti server for BOINC?

Jammy

klambert
Seti Rocks

join:2000-07-20
Dallas, TX

1 recommendation

klambert

Well, since for some reason I have been having to manually send my results in for each computer (Classic results), I've decided to transition to BOINC. Too bad I no longer have access to my ooooold e-mail account . . .