newUser2
@69-92-cpe.cableone.n

newUser2

Anon

"Page unavailable .. still"
"Site unavailable ... still"

If you are posting about site:
»mhos.free.fr'/
you will notice that there is an apostrophe in that address.
Just remove it and the
Page/Site will be available .. now
zzanduria
join:2004-10-21
Houston, TX

zzanduria

Sorry about the link being wrong.
Here is correct link.
»mhos.free.fr
warlockd
join:2002-07-08
Arlington, TX

warlockd to claudeo

to claudeo
Humm. I like this router, I LOVE the features and the setup for it.

Just thought I post and say that you can get it, for the next few days anyway, in the DFW area for only 16.99

edil10
@telesp.net.br

edil10 to anonuser1

Anon

to anonuser1

Re: AR315W-update.rar

Hi,
Could you send me this file, I couldn't get it from the ftp site :>(

Thnx

Edilberto
TooHypE
join:2004-09-27
Elgin, IL

TooHypE to claudeo

to claudeo

Re: Airlink+ AR315W - having some fun

Nothing new about this router I take it, Well hopefully this firmware will be updated correctly one day.

ray1234
@uobkayhian.com.hk

ray1234 to daifanshi

Anon

to daifanshi

Re: Airlink+ AR315W - same as Xterasys, Phoebe....

I have a Eagletec ARM914 router, which I assume is the same as the AR315W, as the menu looks similar and it's the ARM914 variant. However, I cannot flash the firmware with any firmware as it always give the error message that the firmware is not for my hardware. Does AR315W users get this error when they flash to Abocom firmware? or is there any ways to get around this?
gaster8
join:2005-04-21
Palatine, IL

gaster8

Has anyone got AES to work on the AR315W?
According to this page: »mhos.free.fr/ar315w/ar315w.htm

the chip does support it.
I have the 26 firmware and it's not there, but maybe it was on previous versions. If so, I would try to flash it, but no use taking a chance if the feature isn't there.
Raven737
join:2005-05-20
Beverly Hills, CA

Raven737 to claudeo

to claudeo

AR315w_v1113.zip
559,241 bytes
AR315W Firmware v1.1 r13
Well here is an old version of the AR315W firmware. v1.1 r13
After you flash the routers IP address will be: 196.168.1.254
the user name will be: admin, and the password is whatever you used before, or blank if you have not set it.

Since this is an old version, not WAP is supported, but it allows you to turn of SSID broadcast.

I'm currently using this firmware.

Please post if you think it is better/worse then the other available (r21, r23, r24 and r26)
Raven737

Raven737 to claudeo

to claudeo
Typo: IP address will be: 192.168.1.254 NOT 196.x.x.x
gaster8
join:2005-04-21
Palatine, IL

gaster8

I finally got my DSL and since my router seems to work fine I'm just going to leave it alone.
Thanks for the firmware just in case though.

someanonposter
@microsoft.com

someanonposter to claudeo

Anon

to claudeo
I have this router with firmware 1.0 release 23 and have not had these issues at all. It has had some occasions where it lost connectivity with power outages, but they have even been rare. So should I try the releaser 26 to see what happens? Where can I get the 1.1 version mentioned in the post, and why do they have newer version on the non airlinkplus site that on the actual airlinkplus site? Whats up with that?

chewy
astig4
join:2005-06-07
Gardena, CA

astig4 to claudeo

to claudeo
Link to new driver (ver 7.0.1.33) for AWLC3025 and AWLH3025 in abocom website

»www.abocom.com.tw/downlo ··· s%20Card

This might solve your disconnection problem with AR315W router. I've been using this driver for 4 months now without any problem with my AR315W router (with 1.0.23 firmware).

For Windows XP users. Make sure your turn off the wireless zero utility and use the utility that goes with this driver
johnnyrotten9
join:2005-06-13
Austin, TX

johnnyrotten9 to claudeo

to claudeo

Hawking HWR54G (REV. M ONLY) for Ar315w

Just loaded firmware from Hawking Technology to my AR315w. Hawking's firmware seems to work the best for me, although I have only been using it for about a week. The DNS and DHCP problems seems to be fixed. And I have not had alot of dissconnects like Airlink firmware. I was using the Xterasys' firmware but lost WPA security. I was happy to find out that Hawking's Firmware has WPA security. In addition to the various fixes the web menus are much nicer too. If anyone else would like to try this firmware, you can download from Hawking Technology's website. Hawking's HWR54G (REV. M ONLY) uses the same arm914 chipest. Do not use the other revision firmware because I have not tested nor do I know if even uses the arm914 chipset. Again ONLY USE THE HWR54G (REV. M) FIRMWARE!! The link for the firmware can be found at this page- »www.hawkingtech.com/driv ··· CatId=19
The zip file will have 2 files a .bin file and a .img file. I used the .bin file because I think to use the .img file the header must be altered for it to be loaded over the Airlinks firmware. Next u will need a program to load the bin file onto the Airlink router. I used the upgrade utility supplied with Xterasys' 1.1 r15 firmware. That can be found on this page »www.xterasys.com/drivers.htm. Make sure it is the Xterasys XR-2407G firmware. The next thing you will need to do is access your Airlink router by typing 192.168.1.1 (deault) into your browser and change your password to be blank - (not the word blank!! but leave it blank, because the Xterasys ugrade utility doesn't give u the option to put in your password). I think u must also make sure the "Enable Firmware Upgrade using TFTP" is checked in the options section (atleast I did). So then just open the upgrade utility in the Xterasy's firmware folder and load the .bin from Hawking's firmware folder. *You may have to open the RmDrv.exe (which is in the same folder as the upgrade.exe file to get it to find your router on the network). Once u load the firmware and upgrade it should say "upgrade successfull." You must then hard reset the router by holding the reset button on the back of the router for 45 secs. Then unplug and plug back in the power and see if the upgrade worked. The router ip will now be 192.168.254 and your user name will be admin and password will be blank (not the word blank). If it all works you should see a nicer looking Hawking web screen, with WPA security back and the DNS and DHCP problems fixed. Let me know what you all think of this firmware. It has worked the best for me, over all other firmware. Let me know what you all think about this firmware, and don't blame me if things go wrong and you end up with paper weight. This process worked for me, so it should work for you all if you follow the instructions. Good luck!!!!
TooHypE
join:2004-09-27
Elgin, IL

TooHypE

Well since I been having nothing but DNS and connectivity issues the past 2 weeks I figured worth a Shot !!! Any how just installed and updated my Firmware with Hawking HWR54G (REV. M ONLY) for Ar315w and I have to admit the Web GUI is completely different But nice, so Day 1 and what I have notice right off Bat that in all my connections ? I have the DNS IP Addresses that's normally in my Modem instead of my default gateway IP Addresses. I def think this Firmware should work so I will update my results in about a Week and see how good or bad this firmware may be.

coorjo
@bredband.comhem.se

coorjo to johnnyrotten9

Anon

to johnnyrotten9
The firmware upgrade of Hawking HWR54G (REV. M ONLY) for Ar315w went very well, follow the description above posted by johnnyrotten and everything will be fine.

BUT I'am not sure about the DNS fix, seems more like it still jerking with locking and dropping the connection. (exactly as before).
Try it anyway. could be my wireless keyboard/mouse which disturbing the wireless network.

Iam going to try Abocom firmware. Its start to feel like if no firmware will fix this problem. It seems to be more likly hardware issue and to conclude that this router is not worthy all this time and effort. Will go for some known brand. Any idea? Netgear, D-link..... any suggestion?

Btw, good luck with firmware upgrade.

Yukon Kid
@dccnet.com

Yukon Kid

Anon

Ok so I did the Hawking update as per the above post from Johnny boy.

I had some troubles because I am running a mac and all the software is for PC.
so I used my pc.

I had to try more than one time for the patch to work, in fact I had to disconnect from the internet first.

I had issues with the patch being partly done I think. but I am not sure. I had the ip address of my cable modem at first hence the disconnect from the modem.

anyway after I configured the router I tried to get into the setup.

the address from Johnny is almost correct. it is 192.168.1.254 (he dropped the .1)

how do i like it? well it works but it still drops the pc in the other room, sometimes it reconnects and sometimes it needs help or a reboot.
but it does seem faster for the mac and the pc that are hard wired to it.
I think I am going to go get a linksys now that the prices are coming down.
I bought this airlink at Freys at Christmas time for under $20 and I think I got what I paid for.

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming. if it is software it will get fixed but i suspect it is just as much the hardware.

wmarcusm
@dsl.snfc21.pacbell.n

wmarcusm to astig4

Anon

to astig4

johnnyrotten,

Thanks for the research and excellent upgrade instructions!
The Hawkings firmware does appear to solve the DNS problems I was seeing with the Airlink+ 1.0.21 firmware (originally shipped with the 1.0.23 version - I downgraded to 1.0.21 to fix WLAN problems). The actual DNS IP addresses are now pushed to the DHCP clients. Interestingly I was able to preserve all of my previous settings across the upgrade (expect for the admin password) - an indication of the high degree of H/W similarity (identical)used in the two routers. It is just amazing that Airlink can't ship/release a working version of F/W with so many obvious problems - WLAN resetting, DNS, DHCP, save/restore settings, ...
Goofymac
join:2005-06-29
Fayetteville, GA

Goofymac to claudeo

to claudeo
I bought the Airlink AR315W from Frys for 20 bucks and am very pleased. I am using an Airlink AWLH3025 wireless PCI card with the included drivers and utility. At this time.

First thing I would like to say is about the PCI card. I was using a SMC Barricade router model (SMC7004AWBR) with good results using both the windows drivers and the airlink Drivers and Utility. Since my PC with this card is located I extended the antenna to receive more signal with a couple of antenna extension cables. Was working fine with Drop offs in signal from time to time. The PCI card was very surprising It worked and still does like a champ. I promptly purchased another one at Frys on my next visit.

Now for the Airlink AR315W. WOW is all I can say This little puppy worked like a champ. No range issues. Pulgged in my regular antenna to the back of my PC and still received strong signal with my Windows drivers and util. Yes I did notice the drop off in internet connections with the router that most are mentioning. A simple power cycle of the router solved the issues as well as accessing the router web interface and clicking restart. Now I have just installed the Airlink PCI card drivers and utility and have had no issues with the connection or the router dropping the internet connection. Interesting I have thought but it has been mentioned in this forum before. But for 30 Bucks I don't think you can go wrong with the PCI card and the router. This thing has so many features it is crazy.

Yes this thing gets HOT but doesn't seem to affect the performance of the unit. I will try the heatsink fix that was mentioned before. But I get much better range, Speed and signal strength. Only thing this router is missing is the built in print server I am so used to. Maybe Ill get one on sale next time I go to Frys.

Happy computing and networking.

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth.

GoofyMac

AMD + ATI = One kick ass system

Coorjo
@bredband.comhem.se

Coorjo to claudeo

Anon

to claudeo
Don't listen to Goofymac. (a commercial guy)
Don't wast your money on Airlink AR315W (until they fix the problems). Airlink AR315W sux, that's it! Read all other posts and spare your time and money.

Is 20$ cheap?
"You Pay Peanuts You Get Monkeys"

rickb1012
join:2004-05-23
Bedford, TX

rickb1012 to claudeo

to claudeo
I bought the AR315W from Fry's for 22.99. I had the problem of disconnect/reconnect every two minutes or so, and fixed the problem by disabling the Wireless Zero Configuration Service in Windows XP, and installed the one from the Airlink Router CD. I am trying to set up a Half-Life Dedicated Server on the wireless computer. The server starts and says it is connected, but it is not listed in the Internet servers list.
Banging my head against the wall with this problem.
I like the router though..
No problems except the Half Life server issue.
p3n1x
join:2002-07-25
Corona, CA

p3n1x

ok i flashed it to the hawking firmware as per jonnyrottens instructions, and it works flawlessly

however the method works, but i have problems with this thing still

drops my AOL AIM every 20 min or so and AIM will reconnect.

i also have issues with users timing out on my ftp and transfers just stalling.

i tried to flash back to the airlink firmware using the web interface, and it wont work it just stalls, i tried several times

i also tried using jonnyrotttes method to flash back to the original, but it wont read img files, only bin, and i cant convert the original f/w to bin using a few programs, says not a valid img format

so im stuck on the hawking firmware or what? how do i get it to go back to the ver 21 firmware the stable one????
p3n1x

p3n1x

ah well i got it now figured out the firtmware is flashed back to rev 21
Goofymac
join:2005-06-29
Fayetteville, GA

Goofymac to claudeo

to claudeo
OK this is a follow up to my previous post in June. After using this router for 2 months I have to say that I am glad I made the purchase. I have used this router in different locations in the house with no range issues at all.

The solution I have found to both the internet drop offs and the overheating is simple. After some simple observation the router comes with a 12 volt power supply. I plugged in a 5 volt 2 amp from the SMC router that I was using and viola One entire week without any problems at all. Not a single Internet drop off and the unit ran warm. I never had to reset the router nor access it to change any settings. No range issues came up either.

It seems that this problem is as simple as too much power. The power supply is apparently overpowering the unit.

Hope this helps For 20 bucks you can't beat it.

Goofymac

AMD + ATI = One Kick Ass Machine
spalgutt
join:2004-03-29

spalgutt to claudeo

to claudeo
Alright, having some problems with the AR315W. I saw the post about the disconnecting issue, so I wanted to downgrade to the firmware 21 version. I downloaded it, but when I tried putting it into the "upgrade firmware" box, it says it's the wrong version. What do I do? I'm tired of this disconnection problem. Please help. Thanks.

Neven Boyanov
@84.242.x.x

Neven Boyanov

Anon

The link »mhos.free.fr/ar315w/ar315w.htm doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have the files for modified Linux version for AR315W.

Do you know any other projects related to porting operating systems to AR315W.
spalgutt

spalgutt to claudeo

to claudeo
Can anyone help me? My post is 2 posts ago. Please help. My dad and I are frustrated and need a solution.
mrkoffee76
join:2005-09-21
San Andreas, CA

mrkoffee76

i know its been a 4 day sense your post but i just did the upgrade and it worked for me so here you go.
download the file from the link »airlink.night-owls.com/
unzip the file you can use winzip or the zip program included with windows depending on what version you have.
go to the web admin screen and do the upgrade pointing to the file that was in the zip file (should be ip806sm.img)
remember to do it from and wired connection and not a wireless.
good luck
spalgutt

spalgutt

Alright, thanks! I was questioning the file because it's .img format, and wondering why an image file would be the firmware. But it works now. Have to wait for my dad to come home to test it. So far on my Dell PDA w/ Wi-fi, it works. Can turn it on and off and it stays connected. Before, I would have to powercycle the router for it to work. Well, I'll wait for my dad to come home w/ his laptop. So far so good!! Thanks everyone!