spc
Search similar:

uniqs

rebeldead
@68.57.x.x

rebeldead

Anon

[COMCAST] Filters in line at hookup point

Can anyone explain what the filters do at the line hookup point. Do they filter channels out or improve quality.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

1 edit

ilikeme

Premium Member

If you have cable internet only they block out all the tv channels or even if you do have cable tv they block out analog channels you don't subscribe to. They can also unscramble analog channels you do subscribe to. They don't have anything to do with quality.

malvado6
I pee on Bushes.
join:2003-09-13

malvado6 to rebeldead

to rebeldead
and the list goes on and on... could be for many different things.
Sinclair80
join:2004-04-30

1 edit

Sinclair80 to rebeldead

to rebeldead
can these filters slow down a broadband connection if you have internet only?I might add they trapped my cable because i only wanted highspeed internet.Just wondered if this has slowed by speed which it is slower but it may be something to do with my PC sttings..who knows...

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

Not unless they put on the *wrong* filter, I'd think. Your internet signals operate in a completely different frequency as their TV signals.

You could try removing the filter as a test. Of course, it will be hard to explain to them that you "proved" it's slowing down your internet.
58483323 (banned)
Gurt me
join:2003-06-23
Normal, IL

58483323 (banned)

It's not easy to remove a filter. I thought the only way to remove it is with a special tool the cable companies only have.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

1 edit

Hall

MVM

They installed one, a "dummy", I believe, in the box on my house. I took it off to see if I did actually receive any channels. I have Earthlink Cable (TW/RR) and Dish Network so I honestly had no reason to "steal" cable services. Nonetheless, I got a lot .... of snow. I thought that filter was blocking channels 3-69 (I think that's what's printed on the sticker), but it would seem they also install a 2nd one at the pole.

Forgot to say, it req'd NO special tool(s).
58483323 (banned)
Gurt me
join:2003-06-23
Normal, IL

58483323 (banned)

Oh, in my area you can't just screw it off. Now I think they're doing it at the pole which is smart. Not too many people are going to climb up a pole and mess with the wires. If I saw someone do that in my backyard I'll call Comcast because I don't anyone affiectng my service.

Qumahlin
Never Enough Time
MVM
join:2001-10-05
united state

Qumahlin to rebeldead

MVM

to rebeldead
Depending on who/where. and how it's installed a filter can either be easy to remove, or a very large pain to remove. A correctly installed filter with guard shield will prevent the majority of people from being able to remove them without specialized tools.
Sinclair80
join:2004-04-30

Sinclair80 to rebeldead

to rebeldead
my problem with checking to see if the filter is effecting my signal is that they have double filters back to back up the 50 ft poles, not in my box.I saw them install them after i had them turn it off.He made me sign showing that my cable had been trapped.It's funny ,what good do the filters do to block the locals, i have Dish Network with my locals, but i never turned my dish off to see if i still had cable, and i still have about 20 locals..so much for their filters..still hope it's not effecting my speed on broadband.