uniqs

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

[COMCAST] Passport IPG

I know Comcast has a joint venture with Gemstar TV guide (and some weird Microsoft IPG deal), which means we'll probably see only future versions of the TV guide on our Motorolas (I know about the Washington Moxi trial), but does anyone know if Comcast is even considering trying out the Passport guide from Pioneer?

If Comcast went with this, it would go a long way to killing TiVo. This thing even has a season pass manager! The only thing it has that TiVo doesn't (that I like a lot) is the suggestions based on the shows you watch and/or give thumb ratings to.

Jeremy341
Bye
Premium Member
join:2000-01-06
localhost

Jeremy341

Premium Member

said by mbernste:
does anyone know if Comcast is even considering trying out the Passport guide from Pioneer?
They're not, for the reasons you mentioned. They have a 51% stake in the development of their current IPG, so why would they look to a competitor's product?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

1 edit

djdanska to mbernste

Premium Member

to mbernste
I thought my samsung tivo w/directv made suggestions based on shows i give thumb ratings to. Not sure though. I just got it the other day. (And loving it!)

Jeremy341
Bye
Premium Member
join:2000-01-06
localhost

Jeremy341

Premium Member

said by djdanska:
I thought my samsung tivo w/directv made suggestions based on shows i give thumb ratings to.
It does. I believe mbernste See Profile switched around his word mistakenly.