uniqs

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

[Help] Nero, Choose Recorder

I've got Nero v6.3.1.17 and two burners, a Lite-On 8x DVD-burner and an MSI 52x cd-burner. Anytime I go to burn a CD, Nero prompts me for which burner I want to use.

I have it chosen like this:

And this:

But I still get this when I click "Burn":

Why can't it use what I tell it *the first time* ??
Hall

Hall

MVM

I can almost understand it asking if I'm burning a "CD" since both burners are capable, but I just did a DVD and it still prompted me ! At least in this case my only options were the Image Recorder and the Lite-On...

kcazzie
One Of Jerry's Kids
Premium Member
join:2000-08-13
Morton Grove, IL

kcazzie to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall

Major Update to Nero 6 Ultra Edition

You may and may not want to but v6.3.1.20 is out if you want to update...Did have some SP 2 updates too...
Just a heads up...Good Luck...Oh, here's the link...;)..
»www.nero.com/us/nero-up.php

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium Member
join:2002-02-18

Ctrl Alt Del to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall

Re: [Help] Nero, Choose Recorder

What happens when you hit the "Options >>" button in the "Choose Recorder" window?

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

It just shows what capabilities each burner has. SmartBurn, SuperLink, DVD options, etc, etc. It's not relevant to my problem, IMO though....
Hall

Hall to kcazzie

MVM

to kcazzie

Re: Major Update to Nero 6 Ultra Edition

said by kcazzie:
You may and may not want to but v6.3.1.20 is out if you want to update...
.20 may have resolved this... I'll test it more later though.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni to Hall

MVM

to Hall

Re: [Help] Nero, Choose Recorder

Is this on XP? How are you logged in (thinking rights issues not keeping the setting possibly)?

Cudni

RWild
Them Or Us
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Cary, NC

RWild to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall
I have the same version as you and just finished burning some audio CDs simultaneously using an IDE CDRW and Firewire DVD+/-RW to burn different files (pretty cool). Once I had chosen which burner to use for a given nra using the drop-down on your first image, it wrote to the right burner without asking again. Already had the right burn speeds too (guess they are stored when you run the speed tool.) Wonder if you're behavior is because (I assume) your burns are on the same IDE channel?