spc
uniqs
DFlash77
join:2004-08-19
North York, ON

DFlash77 to my3cents4

to my3cents4

Re: NEW Speedstream 5200 keeps dropping Ethernet

Since the 5200 is a router as well as a modem, if I set my router to PPPoE, I get nothing! I have to set it as a direct connection, since the 5200 sends a direct connection from itself.

The light I'm refering to is on the Speedstream, 2nd light from the left labelled Ethernet. I noticed that whenever either of my computers on my network requested the internet, the light would turn off and then there would be a pause and no data would be transferred until several seconds after when the light reappeared. This does not happen on the speedstream when it is directly connected to my computer.
Noblesith8
join:2002-06-30
Canada

Noblesith8

The 2nd from the left or 2nd from the right? I've got a DSL light on the 2nd from the left. I have, in order PWN DSL USB ENET.
maginnovisio
join:2004-07-06
Markham, ON

maginnovisio to DFlash77

to DFlash77
Hi DFlash77
You are correct. Using PPPoE both on 5200 and on other router at the same time won't work. That is a conflict.

Since you are using 5200 as a router. You can treat the smc7004vbr as a hub. Try to connect the ethernet port to 1 of the 4 port on the smc7004vbr to see what happen.
DFlash77
North York, ON

DFlash77 to Noblesith8

to Noblesith8
Mine is Power Ethernet DSL USB Activity

I was looking at a post from another member and he mentioned that the 5200 can be configured through this link:

»192.168.2.1/vcwizardj.cg ··· ode=HOME

Does anyone know if there is a manual which describes what all the options are?
Noblesith8
join:2002-06-30
Canada

Noblesith8

VPI = 0 VCI = 35

Leave everything else the way it is.

Choose PPPoE and then Client Only

don't specify an IP, name your connection, type the user and pass, finish and then reboot.
DFlash77
North York, ON

DFlash77 to maginnovisio

to maginnovisio
I knew it was a simple solution! Thank you maginnovisio! It worked.

lol Sometimes you forget about the simple solutions! I knew the 5200 acts as a router, but I was treating it as a modem! So I was still feeding it into my Wan port of my router. Well I'm glad I'm up and running again and all my computers can function as well!

Take care!
maginnovisio
join:2004-07-06
Markham, ON

maginnovisio

You are welcome.

I don't think there is anything wrong by using the Wan port. It should function in the same way.

Maybe u make some mistake somewhere in the smc7004 web configuration. Or somehow your smc7004 wan port is having some problem.