spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gwhunt
join:2003-12-09
Richmond, VA

gwhunt

Member's area down????

I have been trying to access the members area for a while now. It seems to be down. Anyone else having the same problem?

Specifically, it is »members.cavtel.net/speed

hsindogg
Premium Member
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD

hsindogg

Premium Member

Why not use the speedtests on here? They're probably more reliable and consistent, depending on which server you chose, plus they log tests to your history log so you can compare to other tests.
gwhunt
Richmond, VA

2 edits

gwhunt

The default 3 speedtests here are always inaccurate for me. The day.speakeasy.net one is most accurate, however, it still is incorrect about my upload. I have yet to find a web-based speed test that measures my upload correctly. I always connect to a realiable FTP server and upload a 3 meg or so file and see the speed there.

However, the members' area has been fixed apparently.

Has anyone else found that they actaully do not have a 3 meg limit on their cavtel member's area webspace?

Bevel
@cavtel.net

Bevel to gwhunt

Anon

to gwhunt
Is there a member's area? All i get is the web-based mail and a FAQ section. The tech people sent me to cavtel.net to learn about my personal webpage space and how to add another e-mail account, but I have yet to figure that out yet.
gwhunt
Richmond, VA

gwhunt

Yes, there is personal webspace. To set it up, call them at 1-877-459-9182. They will setup your own FTP login and pass for the site.

I believe that you can also login to »my.cavtel.net for a Cavalier control panel. The username is your account number (found on your bill) and the pass is "changeme" sans quotes. Then you should be promted to change the password to something else. ((note: this may or may not work. It does not work for me, perhaps because I am in their old database. (customer since 1999.))

Good luck with it!

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

Doesn't work for me either. And I have only been a customer since February.

UnaFragger
Hi There
Premium Member
join:2002-03-05
Richmond, VA

UnaFragger

Premium Member

I Sent an email inquiring aobut setting that up about 2 days ago. They responded (yesterday) asking me to call them to set it up. It's probably just something they have to activate. I've tried twice today, and hung up after being on hold for 10 minutes. (Don't wanna waste all my cell minutes).

If anyone has a lot of free time, direct connect to tech support = 1-800-508-2058

Although, I haven't spoken to an actual PERSON yet. Who knows.
breakYOstuff
join:2001-02-24
Charlottesville, VA

1 edit

breakYOstuff

Sending email to CavTel tech support is a complete waste of time. I've honestly never seen an ISP that offered zero technical support through email.

I've sent 3 emails to their support team. The first two were canned responses that basically said, "call this phone number if you want help..." The third email got bounced back, saying the support email box had exceeded its quota.

Way to set the bar high, Cavalier!

UnaFragger
Hi There
Premium Member
join:2002-03-05
Richmond, VA

1 edit

UnaFragger

Premium Member

Agreed. Except there was one gentleman that I met on here that I emailed, and he was very helpful.

I called them this morning and got through right away. He had to set up the my.cavtel.net account, but it only took like 5 minutes.

It's not extremely useful, it just lets you add and delete email addresses. Better than having to call them everytime you want one set up though, I suppose.
kosmickuntry
join:2002-03-06
Toccoa, GA

kosmickuntry

I have emailed them several times in the last few months, with today being my latest, and I've gotten responses in a few hours.The reply wasn't "canned" because there was an error in diction.