yock
TFTC
Premium Member
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH

yock

Premium Member

Prank Calls enter the 21st century

Looks like kids today don't have the backbone to make a prank call themselves. =)
swiftymc
join:2004-02-15
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc

HAHA....its far from that, Ive used these relay ops myself on multiple services....If you ever get a prank call ending with someone mentioning...wPCR, that would be my group

P.S. These relay ops are hilarious, sometimes they play along.

micl
Visit Lovely Downtown Port Starboard
Premium Member
join:2001-10-25
Silver Spring, MD

micl

Premium Member

said by swiftymc:

But the operators are required by law to "interpret" everything that a party says. Most of the ops I know hate it because they know what is going on, but are prohibited from saying anything because all they are allowed to do is act as the relay.

Voyager2K2
join:2001-10-04
Wayne, PA

Voyager2K2 to swiftymc

to swiftymc
said by swiftymc:
HAHA....its far from that, Ive used these relay ops myself on multiple services....If you ever get a prank call ending with someone mentioning...wPCR, that would be my group

Great.
Now the Feds know who to come after for abuse.
How old are you?
BigTexan
join:2003-09-14
Burkburnett, TX

BigTexan to swiftymc

to swiftymc
I think it is sad when someone uses a service for the disabled to act like a idiot.Please quit abusing the system or one day there may not be a system for the hearing impaired.This is a service the gov pays for.And the money hungry execs at the phone company's don't care if the call are real or not they still get pay-ed.But the operators have to put up with the scams,and idiots who think it is funny to talk dirty and hear someone repeat it.
I hope and pray that any one abusing this service gets tons of spam in there mail box,get calls from telemarketer all night long.Grow up and live life don't waist your time doing prank calls to this service.
swiftymc
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc to Voyager2K2

to Voyager2K2
said by Voyager2K2:
said by swiftymc:

Great.
Now the Feds know who to come after for abuse.
How old are you?

lmao....you think a confession on here would hold up in court?

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH

yock

Premium Member

His sarcasm appears lost on you, and you miss his implication. I don't believe any amount of sternness people take with you will let you see how asinine what you're doing is, but trust me when I tell you taking advantage of a service like this is morally despicable.
swiftymc
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc

to each his own

kat from hellnaworg to swiftymc

Anon

to swiftymc

I used to be a relay op, and I can assure you, we were forced to play the role of amused college kids.

For the most part, we thought you were fucking cunts.

keith2468
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Winnipeg, MB

keith2468 to swiftymc

Premium Member

to swiftymc
I trust no woman finds you fit to reproduce with.
keith2468

1 edit

keith2468 to kat from hellnaworg

Premium Member

to kat from hellnaworg

Waste of taxpayer money by pranksters

I suppose the FCC officials figure it isn't their money, and none of the people whose money it is are complaining, so why take action.

When you think of the size of fine people are stuck with for parking in handicapped spots -- and the FCC just lets this happen.

Write your elected federal officials.

And why aren't these telephone companies being prosecuted when they support fraud, if that is the other thing going on?

Arnold Nonymous
@utdallas.edu

Arnold Nonymous to keith2468

Anon

to keith2468

Re: Prank Calls enter the 21st century

Ah yes, we're always happy to dispense with the ad-hominem arent we?

keith2468
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Winnipeg, MB

keith2468

Premium Member

Re: Waste of taxpayer money by pranksters

I received an IM from relay operator that said their employers can't be sued because they aren't the ones making the phone call.

But their employers are the ones billing the government for the prank call. And is not billing the government for an obvious prank phone call mis-representation to the point of fraud?

If it isn't it should be.

And of course the calls maker too should be sued or prosecuted, because yes, it is the individual making the call that is the ring leader in the crime.

RelayOpr
@rr.com

RelayOpr

Anon

We are not, by law, forced to "interpret" what you type. All we have to do is read it and have some minimal voice inflection. If an operator you have sounds like he/she's enjoying it, it's only because they are gritting their teeth, getting your damned call over with, and talking to their other operator friends about what a limp-wristed shit head you are when they get off the line.

Of course you think you're clever. But everyone around, including the person you call are generally thinking what a Special Ed case you are since you are only the 4,981,875,108,138th person to come up with this, but yet to hear how you talk, you'd think you invented the fucking telephone. If you hear an operator laugh, it's because they can't believe how unbelievably stupid you are... not laughing with you, trust me.

Think about this the next time you call... Some of the girls are cute...some are not. And you can't tell by voices. Some of the "girl" voices you hear are possibly not girls at all. Oh, and let's not forget how when you call yourself, some operators have no problem with putting your number on a phone number list. Yes. There is one out there with prank caller's numbers listed on the web where pissed off relay operators have a free crack at it. And no, I'm not saying where it is.
swiftymc
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc

said by RelayOpr:

Oh, and let's not forget how when you call yourself, some operators have no problem with putting your number on a phone number list. Yes. There is one out there with prank caller's numbers listed on the web where pissed off relay operators have a free crack at it. And no, I'm not saying where it is.
Ever hear of op diverting?
Tracing the call for the # even by police requires a court order.