The Beer
I Love It When A Plan Comes Together
Premium Member
join:2001-07-24
Lincoln, NE

The Beer

Premium Member

Pizza Orders Via Relay

There is nothing worse than Friday night in a pizza joint and hearing the words when you answer the phone "Hello this is operator number 8675309 with the nebraska tty relay, have you ever had a relay call?" waste a line and 20+ minutes of your time.
swiftymc
join:2004-02-15
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc

20 minutes? dont tell me you stick around and pay attention to the call...
akar
join:2004-07-12
Somerset, NJ

akar

so you are saying that its a waste of time and 20 minutes when you receive a call from someone who cannot verbally communicate but is taking their business to you?

being a person myself who has to use this every once in a while, i become a loyal and repeat customer to a business that understands my special needs and accomadates me.
Ashfall
join:2001-07-23
Houston, TX

Ashfall

Order pizza online. It makes life easier for everyone, and your order won't get taken down wrong.
mrbofh
join:2003-05-14
Reddick, FL

mrbofh to akar

to akar
He probabaly said that cause 99% of the calls are pranks.

The Beer
Premium Member
Lincoln, NE

The Beer to akar

Premium Member

to akar
You missed my point... Go ahead

I am all for getting another order... Go Ahead
I'm all for accommodating needs... Go Ahead

What I am not for is being a tad ignorant... Go Ahead
For example asking what the specials are THEN saying they have a coupon for less. Why not just order the coupon item. Go Ahead

Expecting us to read the entire menu. go ahead

Forcing unneeded information on us, we and 99% of every delivery pizza shop knows everyone's address just from your phone number, if you tip we know all about the big green bushes in front of your house, and the chevy in the driveway. just let us ask if it has changed. go ahead

Please, Please, PLEASE do not call at 5:30 on a Friday, A "Voice" order can be done in topically less than a minute, a tty order is always 20+. go ahead

Try online, Fax, or just call before 5, be somewhat "accommodating" to the pizza joint.
akar
join:2004-07-12
Somerset, NJ

akar

i understand your frustration but some if not most pizza shops do not have a fax (or website) or have that info readily available in a phone book ad. we "communications disabled" do get hungry after 5, even after midnight.
and as far as me being accommodating, well i guess the only way that i can accommodate your pizza shop is not order from, or recommend you to others at all.

i just don't think you fully understand how hard it is for people that are disable period.

maybe you have someone in your family that has a disability. you would want for people to be understanding of their situation at least wouldn't you.

god forbid a blind person came in and asked you what your specials where, while standing next to a sign that had the specials of the day written on it. you likely get asked a million times from people that are not blind or that can read perfectly well, ask you what the specials are while standing right in front of the sign. this is no way in any shape or form intended to start a flame war with you or anyone else for that matter. just having a normal discussion.

Corvus
Flaming Tards Since 2003
Premium Member
join:2003-11-26

Corvus to The Beer

Premium Member

to The Beer
said by The Beer:
You missed my point... Go ahead

I am all for getting another order... Go Ahead
I'm all for accommodating needs... Go Ahead

What I am not for is being a tad ignorant... Go Ahead
For example asking what the specials are THEN saying they have a coupon for less. Why not just order the coupon item. Go Ahead

Expecting us to read the entire menu. go ahead

Forcing unneeded information on us, we and 99% of every delivery pizza shop knows everyone's address just from your phone number, if you tip we know all about the big green bushes in front of your house, and the chevy in the driveway. just let us ask if it has changed. go ahead

Please, Please, PLEASE do not call at 5:30 on a Friday, A "Voice" order can be done in topically less than a minute, a tty order is always 20+. go ahead

Try online, Fax, or just call before 5, be somewhat "accommodating" to the pizza joint.

I understand your frustration, while working in call center for a major ISP in Canada, these calls were always at least 30 mins. 90% of the time, their TTY machine was not even close to the computer, so they were using paper writing my commands and reading me their screen. My personal record was 1h15 for something simple as typing: PING www.google.com.
swiftymc
Mansfield Center, CT

1 recommendation

swiftymc to The Beer

to The Beer
Deaf people prolly have a sense of humor too...whos to say a deaf person doesnt abuse the system to make pranks

keith2468
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Winnipeg, MB

keith2468 to The Beer

Premium Member

to The Beer
I think you'd be surprised how many tiny businesses have fax machines -- at least in cities.

And they'll typically fax you back their current menu and flyer.

Even tiny submarine shops and sandwich shops.

And then there is email.

authagent
Premium Member
join:2002-11-08
Fenton, MO

authagent

Premium Member

Or go to a store and buy a frozen pizza. It is cheaper.

Anyone ever had Imo's? They charge $19 for a extralarge deluxe that couldn't cost more then $2 for the food costs.
swiftymc
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc

Never had them...But a lotta pizza places seem to overcharge. Dominos here charges $10 for a medium(smallest) cheese pizza!
Maggs
Premium Member
join:2002-11-29
Jackson Heights, NY

Maggs to keith2468

Premium Member

to keith2468
I used to intern in NYC, and we'd fax food places for their menu and specials. It was really quick and convienent.

The Beer
Premium Member
Lincoln, NE

The Beer to authagent

Premium Member

to authagent
The pizza place I currently works at is...

18% to food
14% to non salary labor
10% to salary labor (Non executive)
4% Franchise Fee
4% To Ad coop

So there is 50% of your pizza cost, you have yet to pay for any buildings, utilities, fixtures, insurance, gas, cars... yada yada

Cheese has doubled in price just like milk, why you have seen the prices on Pizza go WAY up the last year.
forgetmenot7
join:2004-10-31
Memphis, TN

forgetmenot7 to Ashfall

to Ashfall
Sometimes i wonder about people like u. Maybe if u wld stop acting like a dumb ass and PAY ATTENTION to the call and the explination and remember to use the proper verbage at the end maybe it wouldn t take so fucking long. If u listen to the explination and remember to use the proper verbage at the end maybe it wouldn t take 20 mins to process the call. It s people like you that make the call difficult, jack ass.
forgetmenot7

forgetmenot7 to The Beer

to The Beer
why should they be more "Accommodating" to u? Just because some people are deaf doesn t mean that they don t need pizza at the same time as we do. You make it sound like Relay is so fucking hard. It s not that complicated u know. You re just adding 2 extra words at the end of your sentence that s all we re asking u to do but some of u that don t know relay are just dumb asses because u can t quite seem to use your brain for good use and even after reminding u SEVERAL HUNDRED TIMES "Is that a GA" u still don t get it because your too busy jacking off to let them order the fucking pizza. So how about this how about u do your fucking job and fucking "accommodate" to their needs and fucking suck it up and take their order. They don t ask much of u but to cooperate and let them have a pizza. They are just as normal as u. Just because they have a disability does not mean that they are required to go hungry. Maybe they don t want a fucking frozen pizza if they wanted a frozen pizza in the first place they would have gone and gotten one, no, they decided they wanted to have a hot fresh pizza delivered to them. So you all stop being such jack asses and stop your bitching and whining save that for the 5 yr olds and live a little. Because the world doesn t revolve around u. You re not perfect and i m sure that if u had a disability u would want someone to help u out in return. But I ll be sure if u become deaf and u need my help and i find out who u are I ll hang up on your ass. Because that would make u a hypocrite.

RelayOpr
@rr.com

RelayOpr to Corvus

Anon

to Corvus
I've been both a relay operator and a Pizza Hut worker before. And I know when you work at a pizza place they go by the "if you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean" philosophy... so if the call takes you 20 minutes, what the hell do you care?? It's 20 minutes that you're not having to mop the floor or do whatever menial job it is that you do that makes you so bitter with life.

As for relay, only a moron couldn't understand how to use that. And if you'd be patient and realize that the Sun, Moon, Earth and Stars do NOT, in fact, revolve around you, maybe you'd get it.

God help you if you ever become disabled. I hope no one takes pity on you.