dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

kat from hellnaworg to swiftymc

Anon

to swiftymc

Re: Prank Calls enter the 21st century

P.S. These relay ops are hilarious, sometimes they play along.

I used to be a relay op, and I can assure you, we were forced to play the role of amused college kids.

For the most part, we thought you were fucking cunts.

keith2468
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Winnipeg, MB

1 edit

keith2468

Premium Member

Waste of taxpayer money by pranksters

I suppose the FCC officials figure it isn't their money, and none of the people whose money it is are complaining, so why take action.

When you think of the size of fine people are stuck with for parking in handicapped spots -- and the FCC just lets this happen.

Write your elected federal officials.

And why aren't these telephone companies being prosecuted when they support fraud, if that is the other thing going on?
keith2468

keith2468

Premium Member

I received an IM from relay operator that said their employers can't be sued because they aren't the ones making the phone call.

But their employers are the ones billing the government for the prank call. And is not billing the government for an obvious prank phone call mis-representation to the point of fraud?

If it isn't it should be.

And of course the calls maker too should be sued or prosecuted, because yes, it is the individual making the call that is the ring leader in the crime.

RelayOpr
@rr.com

RelayOpr

Anon

We are not, by law, forced to "interpret" what you type. All we have to do is read it and have some minimal voice inflection. If an operator you have sounds like he/she's enjoying it, it's only because they are gritting their teeth, getting your damned call over with, and talking to their other operator friends about what a limp-wristed shit head you are when they get off the line.

Of course you think you're clever. But everyone around, including the person you call are generally thinking what a Special Ed case you are since you are only the 4,981,875,108,138th person to come up with this, but yet to hear how you talk, you'd think you invented the fucking telephone. If you hear an operator laugh, it's because they can't believe how unbelievably stupid you are... not laughing with you, trust me.

Think about this the next time you call... Some of the girls are cute...some are not. And you can't tell by voices. Some of the "girl" voices you hear are possibly not girls at all. Oh, and let's not forget how when you call yourself, some operators have no problem with putting your number on a phone number list. Yes. There is one out there with prank caller's numbers listed on the web where pissed off relay operators have a free crack at it. And no, I'm not saying where it is.
swiftymc
join:2004-02-15
Mansfield Center, CT

swiftymc

said by RelayOpr:

Oh, and let's not forget how when you call yourself, some operators have no problem with putting your number on a phone number list. Yes. There is one out there with prank caller's numbers listed on the web where pissed off relay operators have a free crack at it. And no, I'm not saying where it is.
Ever hear of op diverting?
Tracing the call for the # even by police requires a court order.