join:2002-04-10
Annapolis, MD
reply to maynard001

Re: Speakeasy VOIP?

jamusj
Premium
join:2002-04-23
Chicago, IL
I would assume so. I called the number, and they were ready to sell.

The website was low on details...

1) How can I check my voicemail: Can I notified through e-mail? Can I check it through a 1-800 number or the web?

2) What do you mean 911/E911 capability? True E911 service like packet8? If E911 isn't available, can you still dial 911 and get the PSAP?

scooby
Premium
join:2001-05-01
Schaumburg, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ooma
said by jamusj:
2) What do you mean 911/E911 capability? True E911 service like packet8? If E911 isn't available, can you still dial 911 and get the PSAP?

911 gives you the local PSAP
--
DSL Provider: Speakeasy Onelink
VoIP Provider: AT&T CallVantage

TheOtherPete

join:2001-06-28
Boyds, MD
reply to jcwilsonmd
said by jcwilsonmd:
Is the beta over now?

»speakeasy.net/residential/voice/···less.php

$30/month?!? I think they need to revisit their pricing model, not at all competitive unless I'm missing something.

genxr
Premium
join:2004-08-11
Arlington, TX
$30/month is what Vonage is charging for the same local-unlimited LD plan. It's certainly cheaper than the tradition Verizon/MCI/SBC is offering. $30 is competitive, but cheaper would be nice.

omahajim

join:2002-09-06
Omaha, NE
reply to TheOtherPete
Here's the kicker for me:

Can I take my telephone adapter with me when I travel?

Unfortunately, no. Your Telephone Adaptor has been configured to operate for your DSL line alone so that we can optimize the quality of your calls.

Will wait for Vonage to offer area code 402 then. Altough I'm pretty happy with Skype/SkypeOut (don't need much incoming on the road).

TheOtherPete

Boyds, MD
reply to genxr
said by genxr:
$30/month is what Vonage is charging for the same local-unlimited LD plan. It's certainly cheaper than the tradition Verizon/MCI/SBC is offering. $30 is competitive, but cheaper would be nice.

I wouldn't compare VOIP to POTS service, that's apples to oranges. Lingo offers the same thing for $20/month and I know the other players have been lowering their rates. I thought Vonage was cheaper too but I see its the same for the premium package, however I do see that Vonage offers different tiers at lower rates - not everyone need needs unlimited local/long-distance, maybe SE will considering offering different packages as well.

TheOtherPete

Boyds, MD
reply to genxr
said by genxr:
$30/month is what Vonage is charging for the same local-unlimited LD plan.
»story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s···_voip_dc

Price drop by AT&T and Vonage; Vonage's unlimited plan is now $25. Come on SE, you can't charge more than Vonage.