uniqs

Woof Woof
join:2004-09-01
Sachse, TX

Woof Woof to KONG4

to KONG4

Re: My FIOS install

said by KONG:
When Verizon starts offering TV services over the fiber it will not affect your internet in anyway. One fiber line is cable of carrying several beams of light.

I posed that question early on. I've since found a URL (and lost it) that gave the exact numbers. The numbers are in nm (nanometers) not Mhz, but you get the drift.

I searched all over AFC's website for details and couldn't come up with the numbers again.

In any case, they do show what harware to expect for apartments and multi-dwelling homes.

»www.afc.com/documents/li ··· w(1).pdf

sdgfrty
@optonline.net

sdgfrty

Anon

"1490 and 1310 nm - are used to transmit data and telephony services, while an overlay wavelength in the 1550 nm window is used to carry video services and digital TV channels"

The Answer Guy
@tnt1.jackson.mi.da.u

The Answer Guy to Woof Woof

Anon

to Woof Woof
Well, you can search all over AFC's website for the data on the tv wavelength, but you probably won't find it. Their terminal in the office won't be sending the video signal. The video source will actually come from a third party box. Although, the AFC terminal at your house is set to use a specific wavelength, that I don't remember off hand. We still don't know what company will be used at this time in the office. Of all the vendor announcements Vz has made on this project, none of them sell video equipment to my knowledge.
rpsmith
join:2004-04-19
Huntington Beach, CA

rpsmith to Woof Woof

to Woof Woof
said by Woof Woof:
In any case, they do show what harware to expect for apartments and multi-dwelling homes.

Awesome! Thanks for the link! Man, I am still seeing trucks here in Huntington Beach. I saw a tall white fridge-looking box next to one of them. I'm gonna stop by and say hello.

Ovrclck
join:2000-12-13
Lubbock, TX

Ovrclck

said by rpsmith:
said by Woof Woof:

Awesome! Thanks for the link! Man, I am still seeing trucks here in Huntington Beach. I saw a tall white fridge-looking box next to one of them. I'm gonna stop by and say hello.

whereabouts in hb?
rpsmith
join:2004-04-19
Huntington Beach, CA

rpsmith

Hi 440,

Bolsa Chica close to Edinger, and Heil close to Bolsa Chica. Always lookin for more. Fridge was on BC, S of Edinger.

Djp1
@attbi.com

Djp1

Anon

fios buildout going on now north of Boston in Andover, Reading and the surrounding towns -- Boxes, are up trucks are now completing the splices.

You would almost think this isn't the verizon that frustrates the hell out of us when I need a DSx...

Ovrclck
join:2000-12-13
Lubbock, TX

Ovrclck to rpsmith

to rpsmith
said by rpsmith:
Hi 440,

Bolsa Chica close to Edinger, and Heil close to Bolsa Chica. Always lookin for more. Fridge was on BC, S of Edinger.

fiber huntin we will go!