spc
Search similar:

uniqs
djjsin1
join:2004-05-07
Hermosa Beach, CA

djjsin1

major problems after upgrade

Yesterday I called to upgrade my service to the 6/768 from teh 1.5/256 service. This morning, I checked it out, and i was only getting ruffly 2/445, i called them up, and since i was not at home, I was unable to trouble shoot. Now I have come home, checked the speed, and I am getting 250/475!!!! the uploads are slower then what they were before I upgraded. Even though after many day's of problems, I got the other service working, i decided to run a wire directly to the testing jack on my CPE, to make sure it wasn't the house wiring, and I get the same speed. I am now on hold for tech support. This is starting to become very rediculous.
parallax9
join:2001-05-02
Seattle, WA

parallax9

Doesn't sound like you are being very patient. Just ask for your line stats to see if it is clean enough to support the higher speed.

borborpa
Slipping Slowly Into Oblivion
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
New Cumberland, PA

borborpa to djjsin1

Premium Member

to djjsin1
Like parallax said, your line quality probably won't support 6.0/768. Ask them what your noise margins are. Anything below 10 is questionable. 15+ is good, 20+ is great.
mjordan
join:2002-05-08
Chicago, IL

1 edit

mjordan

Call them and have them run an MLT to find your actual distance.
My estimate was 9900 feet away, so I upgrade to 6.0/768 from 1.5/768 and syncing at 1.5/512. I noticed I couldn't sync higher than 2.7/512
I found out later I'm really about 14400 feet away!.
I probably wouldn't have upgraded if I had known that to begin with, but now that I've been like this for a while, the small extra bandwidth and IPs have made up for it.
Look at it this way, not too long ago that same plan was 3.0/768

Now if I could only stop losing sync randomly...