EmilioG
Whats This?
Premium Member
join:2000-09-19
New York, NY

EmilioG

Premium Member

Linksys PCMCIA PC Cards

Linksys makes good products, but the design on there PC Cards is flawed. The cable where the coupler inserts into the card itself is very fragile and should be re-designed.

I would like to write to Linksys but have no address to contact them about this issue. Anyone have an address?
Anyone notice this problem?
--
Regards, EG
Support Amnesty International
--
Regards, EG
[text was edited by author 2000-09-29 13:35:17]
System

Anon

I haven't seen too many PCMCIA cards, but the few I have seen all seem to be fragile where the coupler inserts into the card itself. My friend's broke in fact...different brand same story.

EmilioG
Whats This?
Premium Member
join:2000-09-19
New York, NY

EmilioG

Premium Member

I know these companies want to save money, but they shouldn't do it at our expense. Linksys makes good products, but they should have a forum where you can suggest Ideas or improvments. A fragile coupler can be remedied easily with a better design. Just put two solid pins on either side to strengthen it. I snapped mine by bumping it, and if it bends up or down, it will snap. I used crazy glue, but it didn't work quite the same after that. I'm writing the company for a replacement. We'll see what happens!
--
Regards, EG

Pinan

join:2000-09-02
Murrieta, CA

Pinan to EmilioG

to EmilioG
Linksys
17401 Armstrong Ave
Irvine, CA 92614

800-546-5797
800-326-7114

I have one with no problems so far.

Pinan
--
Learn from yesterday,
Live for today,
Plan for tomorrow
System

to EmilioG

Anon

to EmilioG
I have two different linksys cards and a xircom. Without a doubt, a card that accepts an rj45 is the best design. One of my linksys has a broken connector on one side. You do have to be somewhat careful with the dongle, but the cost of the card is very low ( $50).