how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jimi1283

join:2004-09-29
Saint Louis, MO

Cisco 837 + Speakeasy DSL

Does anyone have a working config file for a Cisco 837 that I can take a look? I'm trying to configure one for my company on my home line (for installation at a remote site). Cisco's documentation on the 837 is horrendous, and I'm not sure if the 827 is exactly the same.

Of course the crappy thing is I will need to reconfigure the DSL connection once I get there, as they don't use SE, but I still need to get this up and running, and tested with our VPN before we take it up there.

I'm new to Cisco equipment, but I've been working with it for a couple of months and know enough of the basics to get around, however I have never setup DSL with their equipment and am at a complete loss as to where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

TheOtherPete

join:2001-06-28
Boyds, MD

1 edit
If you have CCO access this looks pretty straightforward:

»www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/pro···5b9.html

Or the readers digest version:

Start the CRWS Software (CRWS Users)

The Cisco Router Web Setup (CRWS) software is loaded on the router and should be used to configure the router to connect to the Internet. The CRWS software runs on Netscape version 3.0 through 4.7, and on Internet Explorer version 4.0 or later. Follow these steps to start the CRWS software and configure the router:

Step 1 Start, or restart, a PC connected to one of the router Ethernet ports (1, 2, 3, or 4).

Step 2 Open a web browser. Make sure that the browser is set to work in online mode.

Step 3 Type in the following universal resource locator (URL):

The CRWS dashboard should appear after one or two minutes.
Looks pretty easy after that.

I have a 806 router config I can post (that I use with SE) but that router doesnt have the DSL part integrated (just a WAN ethernet and a LAN ethernet interface)... not sure if that would be helpful for you or you only need the DSL configuration statements.

jimi1283

join:2004-09-29
Saint Louis, MO
Tried this. Unfortunately the java app will no longer load on my machine, so I'm forced to do everything by the console. I've tried 3 different browsers (IE, Opera, FireFox) and made sure my JVM is up to date, to no avail.

It quit working, I think, after I changed the IP of the ethernet interface from 10.10.10.1 to 192.168.175.1, but I can not see in the configuration anywhere why that would cause a problem.

TheOtherPete

join:2001-06-28
Boyds, MD
said by jimi1283:
Tried this. Unfortunately the java app will no longer load on my machine, so I'm forced to do everything by the console. I've tried 3 different browsers (IE, Opera, FireFox) and made sure my JVM is up to date, to no avail.

It quit working, I think, after I changed the IP of the ethernet interface from 10.10.10.1 to 192.168.175.1, but I can not see in the configuration anywhere why that would cause a problem.
To be honest I dont use CRWS myself as I prefer the IOS command set so I'm kind of shooing in the dark here but when you changed the IP address of the ethernet interface of the router did you change the URL that you were using in your browser to point to the new address (192.168.175.1) and did you change your PC's NIC IP address so that it had an IP address on the same subnet (e.g. 192.168.175.2)?