justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
Reviews:
·iiNet
reply to angryinch

Re: What's the solution?? Is there one???

said by angryinch:

What's the solution???

Write to pro-consumer groups, ombudsmen type authorities, or other regulatory authorities in chage of investigating unfair advertising complaining that fees are creeping in above the (advertised) line cost.
Hotels just got wacked over this, as they charged all kinds of things on top of the room rate.
If there are no rules to cover these tricks, then write to your state rep or senator and complain that there are insufficient regulations covering price advertising for broadband products, or they are not policed properly.

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium
join:2000-02-24
Not There
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
said by justin:

Hotels just got wacked over this, as they charged all kinds of things on top of the room rate.

Right...I stayed at a hotel in Dallas and was charged like 50 cents per day for long distance and local calls. I asked them about it because I didn't make any calls. I was told they just put that in there just in case and they'll be more than happy to remove it. WHY SHOULD I EVEN HAVE TO ASK?

Back to the topic at hand...I was SOOOOO pissed off when BellSouth started with that "Universal 'It's not a tax' Fund". In fact I threatened to leave and would have if I had an equivalent alternative in broadband. Unfortunately I'm stuck paying the $2.95 fee that's supposed to go towards God only knows what. I asked for an explanation of this fee and was given such a BS answer that I had to shake my head in disgust.
You're right Justin. It is time to take a stand.
--
Star Wars Galaxies -- The best form of birth control on the market.

15,000 Watts of Bass Power

join:2002-10-16
New Milford, CT
said by Drex:
Right...I stayed at a hotel in Dallas and was charged like 50 cents per day for long distance and local calls.
Ha! You think that's bad? When I stayed in Washington DC a couple of years ago, I made ONE data call to get my mail with my laptop computer. The connection was slow enough to cause e-mail download to take about 20 minutes. The hotel billed me $78 for that call!
--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: »www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com
www.adventuresinanimemusic.com

attsbcisgay

join:2003-03-18
Beverly Hills, CA
said by 91439306:
said by Drex:
Right...I stayed at a hotel in Dallas and was charged like 50 cents per day for long distance and local calls.
Ha! You think that's bad? When I stayed in Washington DC a couple of years ago, I made ONE data call to get my mail with my laptop computer. The connection was slow enough to cause e-mail download to take about 20 minutes. The hotel billed me $78 for that call!

that's what we call profit at the expense of your convenient!