spc
Search similar:

uniqs
GinEric
join:2004-10-03
Washington, DC

GinEric

Government, not business charges

All of those USF, FUSF, and the new charges come right out of Washington, D.C., and the people you put in office there. The FUSF is "allegedly" to provide Internet connections for schools. Why? You might ask. Why aren't the parents paying for their children to surf the Internet along with the teacher, when they should be reading books! The 911 charge should be paid by the police that are tapped into the phones, not by the people being surveilled.

And all of the other charges are mandated not by the companies, but by the federal government, both by law in Congress and by regulation, which is just bathroom Washington legislation with a different name.

The phone companies list those charges to let you know how the government is collecting more taxes without calling them taxes.

That BS story had to come out of some DC crony's head.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

You forget the fees are created by the Bells to be paid back to themselves, however. It's a reciepe for wanton overcharges.
attsbcisgay
join:2003-03-18
Beverly Hills, CA

attsbcisgay

said by KrK:
You forget the fees are created by the Bells to be paid back to themselves, however. It's a reciepe for wanton overcharges.

THIS PISSES ME OFF TOO, THAT'S WHY I AM GOING WITH THE CHEAPEST PKG... STANDARD@26.95 INSTEAD OF EXPERT(MAJOR SCAM) FOR 44.99, IT'S 139.95-94.96... THEY KEEP SCREWING UP WITH THE BILL, I HAVE BEEN BILLED FULL 139.95 AND THEN THEY SAY THAT 94.96 DISCOUNT WON'T BE APPLIED UNTIL THE NEXT BILL!