uniqs

Morty7
Premium Member
join:2004-09-18

1 edit

Morty7 to jonez

Premium Member

to jonez

Re: A Series of fortunate Events (HSI 4/384 for 42.95)

Most likely not because to the best of my knowledge Comcast also owns Earthlink that's why it's Earthlink by Comcast. Self competition I guess but if it's all going to the same place then who knows.

DanHo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

1 edit

1 recommendation

DanHo

Premium Member

said by Morty7:
Most likely not because to the best of my knowledge Comcast also owns Earthlink that's why it's Earthlink by Comcast. Self competition I get but if it's all going to the same place then who knows.

Earthlink is not owned by Comcast. The arrangement was made when the service was offered by ATTBI. The contract that ATTBI had with Earthlink to sell the service transferred with Comcast's acquisition of ATTBI. Yes, it is Earthlink powered by Comcast. It was Earthlink powered by ATTBI prior. Earthlink does the same with other cable operators as well - Time Warner being one.

Edit: You can see more in the Earthlink Cable forum »Earthlink Cable

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 recommendation

ropeguru to Morty7

Premium Member

to Morty7

Re: A Series of fortunate Events (HSI 4/384 for 42

said by Morty7:
Most likely not because to the best of my knowledge Comcast also owns Earthlink that's why it's Earthlink by Comcast. Self competition I get but if it's all going to the same place then who knows.

You know.. It is just amazing the amount of misinformation some people give out.
briankelly9
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11

briankelly9

Premium Member

said by ropeguru:
said by Morty7:

You know.. It is just amazing the amount of misinformation some people give out.

and thats a comcast CSR to boot..