Jeremy341
Bye
Premium Member
join:2000-01-06
localhost

Jeremy341

Premium Member

Steam - Purchase pending

I pre-ordered Half-Life 2 through Steam this morning around 11 AM. This includes CS: Source, so I started downloading that. It's finished downloading, but when I go to play it, it says: "Your purchase is still being processed - Steam will notify you when the transaction has been completed. Until then, this game is not available to play."

I'm pretty angry, because I was expecting to be able to play the game as soon as it was done downloading. How much longer am I going to have to wait for the purchase to go through, and is this a normal thing?

QUICKSILV3R7
Premium Member
join:2002-01-21
San Antonio, TX

QUICKSILV3R7

Premium Member

about 24hrs. ithink

Jeremy341
Bye
Premium Member
localhost

Jeremy341

Premium Member

Wow, that sure does leave me with a bad first impression. Any idea why it's doing this?

delt4
Congrats BUCCOS
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Pittsburgh, PA

delt4 to Jeremy341

Premium Member

to Jeremy341
It seems since today is Sunday and you ordered it Sunday, that they company that does the credit card transactions or someone on Steam's end isn't there to verify that the your card has been processed. You may have to wait till Monday. I agree with you, since you paid for it today, you should be able to play today.

Jeremy341
Bye
Premium Member
localhost

Jeremy341

Premium Member

It should be automated. Bad system.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

I am almost certain that it's automated. I purchased and was up and running with the Silver package within minutes after entering all of my Credit Card data. Typos can typically affect CC transactions. Just screwing up 1 letter /number in your name or address can hold up a transaction until a human being can loom over the transaction.

Another reason may be that your Credit Card company may have held it up if you don't have a history of doing these type of purchases.
hroo772
Darkness Fears Me
Premium Member
join:2002-04-05
Mclean, VA

hroo772 to Jeremy341

Premium Member

to Jeremy341
Steam is automated its just that since they released the packages for pre-order their credit card system is under a heaver load then normal. Just wait and it will go through and you will get to play your games.
Expand your moderator at work

NyQuil Kid
8f The Nyquil Kid
join:2001-01-06
Brick, NJ

NyQuil Kid to Jeremy341

to Jeremy341

Re: Steam - Purchase pending

I did the same thing - turned out that after I purchased HL2 and CS:S, I quit steam and then restarted it - I was able to play after I restarted.

[8F] The NyQuil Kid

seipher
Antonio
join:2002-01-23

seipher to Jeremy341

to Jeremy341
Jerw134: You do know that Daddy's credit card requires some processing time?

Seriously, stop bitching at Valve just because you're an impatient piece of ignorance.

Jeremy341
Bye
Premium Member
localhost

Jeremy341

Premium Member

I just got an e-mail saying the processing has finished. Thanks to everyone that offered informative and helpful replies.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

1 edit

shinjuru to seipher

to seipher
said by seipher:
Jerw134: You do know that Daddy's credit card requires some processing time?

Seriously, stop bitching at Valve just because you're an impatient piece of ignorance.
Great job on being the example of how not to post. Get a grip and perhaps read the Forum and Posting Guidelines before flipping out on another site member who posted about their problem.

Jeremy341 See Profile, Thanks for keeping your *composure.