Re: Battery

Talk to Apple.

falafilo
@85.129.x.x

falafilo to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB

Re: Ipod Mini Won't Charge

i cant , i acually live so far away.. i dont want complications i just want to repllace the batteries... *sad gurl*

JoshNJ
Premium Member
join:2001-12-25
Freehold, NJ

JoshNJ

Premium Member

Like I mentioned earlier, if the computer won't even see it when it is plugged in and powered, it probably isn't the battery.

falafilo
@85.129.x.x

falafilo to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB

not sure...

to tell u the truth i have no idea wat to do.. left it aside for 24 hrs.. now all i get is the apple logo then that battery with the exclamation mark with it,, any ideas why?? although i charged it a million times

Kimberly P
@insightBB.com

Kimberly P to whannagan

Anon

to whannagan

Re: iPod mini Won't Turn On

Thanks so much! Reset with menu and center button worked perfect.

DCLondon
@62.113.x.x

DCLondon to druvak

Anon

to druvak

You are such a star ...

Had not charged mine for 2 weeks and can you believe is 5 days out of warentee !! Just tried to take it to store and they were rude and unhelpful, someone suggested checking the net and found this post .. all is well with the world now and i have stopped thinking of ways to kill the sales people at apple

Thanks again !!!

falafilo
@85.129.x.x

1 recommendation

falafilo to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB

Working

woohooo! finally , left it aside for 24 hrs and it worked.. suddenly the apple logo appeared to i charged it .. & now its perfectooo! thanks to everyone that tryed to help meh! love u xx

LisaSLC
@qwest.net

LisaSLC to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB

I have an iPod mini and my husband has a regular iPod. The mini came with a USB cord to connect it to the computer, but no firewire wall charger. I have been using my husband's wall charger to charge the iPod mini every night, because it is kind of a pain to sync it up to the computer and have to eject it and everything, and the USB charging takes much longer than the firewire wall charger. Also, when I sync up to the computer my shuffle starts over. Anyway, this was working fine, but now all of a sudden the wall charger doesn't work on the iPod mini. It's like it doesn't even recognize that something is plugged in to it. The wall charger still works on my husband's iPod, and the iPod mini will still charge with the USB cord through the computer, so it doesn't seem like there's a problem with either the charger itself or the iPod mini. What should I try?

Jelbee
@resnet.uoguelph.ca

Jelbee to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB

Similar Problem

Just in case anyone has the same problem I did...

My Ipod was running low on battery, AND I wound up dropping it. I dropped it, and then it would no longer turn on! I was pretty frustrated.

I plugged my Ipod mini into my computer via the charge cable. The charge battery image popped up on the screen, but didn't appear to be charging. It just stayed frozen on the screen like that.

When I unplugged it from the computer, it wouldn't reset, as it wouldn't do ANYTHING.

Solution: Leave the Ipod mini plugged into your computer for several minutes before taking it off and resetting it. As far as I could tell, it just needed a little juice before it could get up and running normally again.

happyipoder
@comcast.net

happyipoder to druvak

Anon

to druvak

this worked for me as well ! Good advice !

JON2123
@bellsouth.net

JON2123 to Help_-

Anon

to Help_-
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

R35D3NT
@pipex.com

R35D3NT

Anon

I ALSO HAVE A 20G IPOD THAT WOULDNT CHARGE VIA NORMAL USB CHARGER.

SO I TRIED USING THE FIREWIRE LEAD AND PLUG IN THE WALL MAINS AND TO MY AMAZEMENT IT CHARGED THE IPOD IN LIKE 60SECONDS AND NOW EVERYTHIN IS OK

THANX FOR YOUR HELP GUYS AND I HOPE THIS POST MAY HELP OTHER PPL

secret23
@sympatico.ca

secret23 to pGagnon

Anon

to pGagnon
they do

grovey
@dynamic.dsl.as9105.c

grovey to druvak

Anon

to druvak
That reset tip was just the ticket! I was horrified when i couldnt make my ipod mini work, you saved the day druvak!:D
Matty16
join:2006-03-22

Matty16

not used my ipod in a few months now n i had the same prob - exclamation mark on battery wen tryin 2 charge n i did leave it in for a couple of hrs but ill do it agen ill leave it chargin all night n c wot its like 2 morra ill update 2 tell u if it is fixed

mat
Matty16

Matty16

still no luck do i need the ipod software on my PC and mayb updating cuz it still dont work but im still gunna just let it charge
Matty16

Matty16

ok neva mind sorted it i used my wall socket plug thingy xD

gosox
@comcast.net

gosox to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB
Same problem here, I'm sure it's in need of a reset, but I can't get it to reset in any of the ways listed. ANy advice? Is the menu-based reset the same thing (I doubt it)?
ihatedslr
join:2000-12-11
US

ihatedslr to Need BB

to Need BB
Die thread, die!!!!
Donthaveone4
join:2006-08-26
Kennesaw, GA

Donthaveone4 to Need BB

to Need BB
Mmk, so this is a little off topic of fixing the iPod's battery...anyone got suggestions on killing it? Times running out on my warrenty and I'd like to get a new battery before the warrenty's out.
cng1026
join:2006-09-15
Fort Worth, TX

cng1026 to Need BB

to Need BB
yes, i cant turn my ipod mini on and im not sure if its broke..if it is can it be replaced for free or fixed for free???

1happygirl
@cox.net

1happygirl to JoshNJ

Anon

to JoshNJ
Thanks to JoshNJ, my ipod finally works again. I wasn't going to bed until i fixed that stupid thing! Thanks Josh

wow
@telkomadsl.co.za

wow to bloopt

Anon

to bloopt
THAAAAANK YOU!! i tried the other reset methods over and over and over and yours worked just before i threw it against the wall...:D

dan fan
@swbell.net

dan fan to druvak

Anon

to druvak
Dan Given thank you so much for your advice ... I was disturbed by the support I got from an iPod technician who said my warranty expired 120 days ago and I should just purchase another iPod but following your advice to toggle the hold and then hold menu and select button for 10 seconds really worked... God Bless superstar thanks a bundle

mand
@aol.com

mand

Anon

For those of you, like me, that the reset hasn't worked for - try ebay. I've just bought a new battery for my mini for £3.99.

nickybio
@comcast.net

nickybio to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB

Ipod 3rd GEN Won't Charge

PROBLEM: I just bought a new battery on ebay to replace a dead one that wouldn't hold a charge. I put it in and the iPod worked for a few hours and then went blank. Now all I get is the battery/exclamation point icon when I try to reset the iPod. I read somewhere that the 3G iPod won't charge over USB, so I'm plugged into a wall charger from my wife's iPod mini, but getting no charge. Is there a separate wall charger for the 3G iPod? Also, I'm not sure if I'm getting the thing to reset or not. . .when I push and hold the menu/select buttons I see the battery/exclamation icon and then it disappears like it's out of juice. It's almost like it's turning itself off before it has a chance to reset. Any suggestions?

kwintenc
@access.telenet.be

kwintenc to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB

Thanks a lot for that tip, it was exactly the one I was looking for!

Esteban
@rr.com

Esteban to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB
Hey druvak, thanks so much! I was having the same problem and your suggestion fixed it.

Thanks again,
Esteban.

lol1000
@ntl.com

lol1000 to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB
my iPod won't charge. I changed the battery but still same problem. It works fine on a ipod dock (with charging cradle) but take it off and it dies almost instantly. When it is on the charging cradle it shows the battery charging indicator. It is a 60gb Video 5G model. Help - I'm going crazy!!!

waynepd
@caltex.com.au

waynepd to Need BB

Anon

to Need BB
3 years later and the tips are still handy. Thanx for saving my Ipod Mini. I thought it had died forever til i found this page... cheers
wayne