how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

whannagan

@tpgi.com.au
reply to Need BB

iPod mini Won't Turn On

My iPod mini wouldn't charge or even turn on!!!
But a quick reset and YAY!!!
IT WORKS!!!
Thanks Guys!!!

Gillyanne

@range81-129.btcentra
reply to druvak

Re: Ipod Mini Won't Charge

Just came across your posting and tried the advice. It worked first time. Thanks very very much!!!!

dave tave

@pol.co.uk
it doesnt always work.i read that in the book but when mine went off i tried resetting it but it never worked :S

bloopt

@dsl.chcgil.ameritech
reply to Need BB
Sometimes it takes a few tries to reset it.
For some reason, today I had to do the reset-button thing about ten times before it worked. And... I had to hold down "menu" and the center button for ten seconds. ...Not menu & play.
Hope this helps... don't give up if you can't reset it on the first try!

Dantooine

@sympatico.ca
reply to Need BB

New problem; ipod won't turn off

I hold down the pause button and it turns off for a second and then displays the battery charged screen and this stays on until the battery dies. This is while it's disconnected from the computer. It turned off fine for about a week and then this started happening. I just can't get it to stay off. Also my computer does nothing when I connect it. I did a reset already, I don't know what else to try.

Katla

@bellsouth.net
reply to Need BB

Re: Ipod Mini Won't Charge

If you don't have a charger, does the Ipod charge when you plug it into you computer, using a USB chord?

C-J-

@83.71.x.x
reply to druvak
cheers!! mine was acting up aswell and i couldn't find the manual - i was freaking out coz i thought it was broken!! but i tried what u said and it helped!! THANKS!!!:D:D:D;);)

ZOG321
Premium
join:2003-10-22
Slingerlands, NY
reply to Need BB
WOW! A lot of unregistered people. This post must be on Google or something?

reply to Need BB
YOU SAVED ME. I LOVE YOU.

I had tried resetting it many times before I read the post. I was doing it right and everything- for some reason it took like 8 attempted resets to get the mini to work. Your post made me make that one last try! lol.

This is pretty poor, that Apple could have such a huge design flaw in such an expensive mp3 player. Couldn't a firmware update by Apple fix the problem.

Oh well... no matter... thanx again for the push to reset it once more.:D

koolman2
Premium
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK
reply to cavemonkey50
said by cavemonkey50:

The Ipod needs a constant charge of electricity to keep the hard drive spinning. It really never turns off, it just sleeps.
Absolute bologna. Listen to an iPod next to you ear on the back, and play a song with no headphones in. You'll hear the disk spin up. Now turn the iPod off- you'll hear the power be cut from the disk.
--
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

rjackson
Premium,VIP,MVM,Ex-Mod 2005-13
join:2002-04-02
Ringgold, GA
kudos:1
That's because the iPod buffers tracks in flash memory, for skip protection and to save battery life by spinning down the hard drive.

koolman2
Premium
Anchorage, AK
My point exactly. My off-brand hard drive mp3 player has 8MB of flash to buffer the entire song and spin down the drive. If the drive spun 24/7, the battery would barely last five hours, at the most.
--
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

JoshNJ
Premium
join:2001-12-25
Freehold, NJ
reply to TheTechFreak
said by TheTechFreak:

Couldn't a firmware update by Apple fix the problem.
I assume it has, the frequency of these posts has cut down to very few in the past several months, reasonable explaination would be that a lot less people are having the problem lately.
--
I support the RIAA

jimmybick

@oyster.co.uk
No I had the same problem and this saved me from goin gdown the apple store. I think a little people read this find it works and then don't bother posting a thank you. I know I almost did. Thanks

skateremz

@sdncom.net
reply to Need BB
Yeah, thot i was in deep trouble, mabye have to buy a new battery and install it...ugh...but now i reset it and its looks so far like its charging fine...thanks for the tip!:D

happycrimper

@unknown
reply to Need BB
I'm having a mare. My Norwegian friend gave me his ipod mini to put some music on for him because his computer is back home. When I plugged it into the pc, the ipod updater said it needed a software update - fine. Then it needed to be plugged into the mains for a flash update - not fine. It doesn't seem to recognise that it's plugged into the mains so can't complete the firmware update. I'm now stuck with an ipod that is at best seriously autistic and at worst needs major brain surgery! Help! I've tried to reset it but it still doesn't recognise the power input. Could this be because of differences between Norwegian power and ours?? Ours is 240V 50Hz and theirs is 230V 50Hz so would have thought it was OK. I was using my leads for my ipod photo to connect and charge it - is there any reason why these should differ for ipod mini? Wouldn't have thought either of these should be causing probs. Aaaaargh!

ssa-Dragon

@telus.net
reply to Need BB
I tried all that and it still wont work

JoshNJ
Premium
join:2001-12-25
Freehold, NJ
reply to happycrimper
said by happycrimper:

Ours is 240V 50Hz and theirs is 230V 50Hz so would have thought it was OK.
what aountry are you from? us power is 110/120
--
I support the RIAA

happy now D

@ntl.com
wow thanks this just happened to mine i thought it was bust this helps a lot:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D THANK YOU!!!!!!

mortal_kate

@fuse.net
reply to Need BB
so i've got a regular ipod, 3rd generation. it charges when hooked up to my computer just fine, but when i try to charge it in a wall outlet, it won't charge unless i apply a alot of direct pressure onto the charger.... like i have to push it into the slot and hold it in there. i took it in and the guy said something was messed up in there, and i should get a new one. (no more warranty--boohoo). but why does it charge off of my computer? what's the deal? my roommates charging plug does the same thing on mine... no charge unless lots of pressure.

anybody seen this?

:(:(

koolman2
Premium
Anchorage, AK
Try another outlet. I have an outlet that you have to have the plug out about 3mm or else it won't work.
--
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult." -Rita Rudner

mortal_kate

@bridgeworldwide.com
tried that, nothing. tried different outlets and different plugs (ie my roommate's cord). thanks, though.

Eric05

@mts.net
reply to ASSS
Thank you! That little trick worked for me too!

the_helper

@legend.co.uk
reply to happycrimper
i had the same problem, but found a solution. i have 2 ipod's a 20Gb one and a ipod mini, both came supplied with chargers the 20Gb pod came with USB mains charger and the mini came with a Firewire charger. both chargers work with either pod, however when trying to do a software update on the mini it would not recognise that it was plugged into the mains and apply the update. after much messing around i decided to try the firewire main charger that came with the mini rather than the USB one and it worked. Software update is not applied.

the_helper

@legend.co.uk
woops, i mean the update is now applied, so get yourself a firewire mains charger, or pop into your apple store where i am sure they will have one and apply your update for you.

vdop

@dhcp.mtgm.al.charter
reply to mortal_kate
mortal_kate, i have the same prob and mine is still dead haha but i cant charge off my computer cuz i have windows, so yea, sucks for me...i dunno what im gonna do

xfuckxurxmotha

@adelphia.net
reply to rjackson
read the link here...www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html...
it says a lot of important stuff...k i left my mini in the car in the glove box on a hot so cali day and yeah the menu button wont work...i wont b doing that again. it took like a lot of fuckin w/ it and hours of frustration until it was fixed so yeah

NDN

@68.249.x.x
reply to Need BB
II wasnt using my ipod for a month....
Then it went on one day then i turned my ipod off...
i charged it for 3 days overnight and it still wont go on... WHAT DO I DO?????

PS +++++++ Is there a way to get your music off your ipod???

NEMOMYANTIDRUG

@137.45.x.x
reply to Need BB
ok i have an ipod mini and i plugged it up to my computer after i updated to itune 5.0.1 and i already tried resetting it and now no matter what i do now; plug it into the computer, or to the wall, or even try and use it, it just shows a picture of a ipod wall charger with an arrow pointing to a wall electrical outlet. NEED HELP PLEASE

THANK YOU

@ntl.com
reply to Need BB
hi my names jake, omg im soo gratefull, i luv u dawg, keep it real and may u live long, keep it real cuzz:p