uniqs
share rss forum feed

koolman2
Premium
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK
reply to mortal_kate

Re: Ipod Mini Won't Charge

Try another outlet. I have an outlet that you have to have the plug out about 3mm or else it won't work.
--
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult." -Rita Rudner

mortal_kate

@bridgeworldwide.com

tried that, nothing. tried different outlets and different plugs (ie my roommate's cord). thanks, though.

Eric05

@mts.net
reply to ASSS

Thank you! That little trick worked for me too!

the_helper

@legend.co.uk
reply to happycrimper

i had the same problem, but found a solution. i have 2 ipod's a 20Gb one and a ipod mini, both came supplied with chargers the 20Gb pod came with USB mains charger and the mini came with a Firewire charger. both chargers work with either pod, however when trying to do a software update on the mini it would not recognise that it was plugged into the mains and apply the update. after much messing around i decided to try the firewire main charger that came with the mini rather than the USB one and it worked. Software update is not applied.

the_helper

@legend.co.uk

woops, i mean the update is now applied, so get yourself a firewire mains charger, or pop into your apple store where i am sure they will have one and apply your update for you.

vdop

@dhcp.mtgm.al.charter
reply to mortal_kate

mortal_kate, i have the same prob and mine is still dead haha but i cant charge off my computer cuz i have windows, so yea, sucks for me...i dunno what im gonna do

xfuckxurxmotha

@adelphia.net
reply to rjackson

read the link here...www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html...
it says a lot of important stuff...k i left my mini in the car in the glove box on a hot so cali day and yeah the menu button wont work...i wont b doing that again. it took like a lot of fuckin w/ it and hours of frustration until it was fixed so yeah

NDN

@68.249.x.x
reply to Need BB

II wasnt using my ipod for a month....
Then it went on one day then i turned my ipod off...
i charged it for 3 days overnight and it still wont go on... WHAT DO I DO?????

PS +++++++ Is there a way to get your music off your ipod???

NEMOMYANTIDRUG

@137.45.x.x
reply to Need BB

ok i have an ipod mini and i plugged it up to my computer after i updated to itune 5.0.1 and i already tried resetting it and now no matter what i do now; plug it into the computer, or to the wall, or even try and use it, it just shows a picture of a ipod wall charger with an arrow pointing to a wall electrical outlet. NEED HELP PLEASE

THANK YOU

@ntl.com
reply to Need BB

hi my names jake, omg im soo gratefull, i luv u dawg, keep it real and may u live long, keep it real cuzz:p

fuckthediet

@lion.dialup.pol.co.u
reply to druvak

I hereby owe you my firstborn child. Thanks! You cheered up my awful day x

Vengeance11

@cox.net
reply to ASSS

Thank you so much for the reset thing THANK YOU SO MUCH I WOULD KISS YOU IF I COULD FIND U,

sueIpod

@optonline.net
reply to druvak

Holy Moly Thanks....How did anyone figure this out??? I just fiddled with it for an hour! Your suggestion worked thanks!!!!!!!

JoshNJ
Premium
join:2001-12-25
Freehold, NJ

said by sueIpod :

How did anyone figure this out???
it's under troubleshooting in the manual that comes with the ipod
--
I support the RIAA

rjackson
Premium,VIP,MVM,Ex-Mod 2005-13
join:2002-04-02
Ringgold, GA
kudos:1
reply to sueIpod

said by sueIpod :

Holy Moly Thanks....How did anyone figure this out??? I just fiddled with it for an hour! Your suggestion worked thanks!!!!!!!
Look above:

said by rjackson:

said by LiquidSnakeRNA :

Apple should include that on their site or manuals, or something!
It's listed on the iPod Support Page Basics: Resetting iPod if it appears frozen or doesn't respond

Help_-

@telepacific.net
reply to NEMOMYANTIDRUG

ok i have an ipod mini and i plugged it up to my computer after i updated to itunes 5.0.1 and i already tried resetting it and now no matter what i do now; plug it into the computer, or to the wall, or even try and use it, it just shows a picture of a ipod wall charger with an arrow pointing to a wall electrical outlet. NEED HELP PLEASE

have the same problem please hhheeeelllpppp

princessa

@128.100.x.x
reply to Need BB

omg thank you soooo much!

rich3456

@lns2-c7.dsl.pol.co.u
reply to Help_-

i too have the same problem its been driving me crazy! please help!

fi

@cox.net
reply to xfuckxurxmotha

"k i left my mini in the car in the glove box on a hot so cali day and yeah the menu button wont work...i wont b doing that again. it took like a lot of fuckin w/ it and hours of frustration until it was fixed so yeah" xfuckxurxmotha

the menu button on my ipod mini isnt responding either. can you please tell me how you went about fixing yours? i will be forever grateful

Lycaeonia

@comcast.net
reply to Need BB

ok I've tried all the reset ideas you all have listed I have an Ipod mini 4GB it won't turn on it won't charge in any adapter and the reset isn't working any other ideas?

icedark

@chariot.net.au
reply to Need BB

thanks this fixed my ipod... i tried doing a normal reset jsut with the menu and select buttons and it didnt work, but doing it with the hold switch on and off made it work. Btw to everyone who it didnt work with, try it a few times...

Lycaeonia

@comcast.net
reply to Need BB

I've tried a good many times ti reset it in every way people have said and like it isn't working... i plug it in and nothing the screen doesn't even light up at all.

Lycaeonia

@comcast.net
reply to Need BB

after litterally taking the ipod mini apart i got it to work but now the buttons and scroll wheel aren't working and i tried the reset on that and nothing

shadow conspiracy

@dialup.optusnet.com.
reply to ASSS

my ipod will charge..it comes up with the battery and the triangle with th (!) for about 30 seconds..then it goes to a tick saying OK to disconnect..and sometimes beeps and the battery lol flashes and the tick comes up saying the same thing..

shadow conspiracy

@dialup.optusnet.com.

so wen that tick comes up..is it charging or not.

jbourne

@telus.net
reply to druvak

thanks for the resetting info druvak! I figured it needed a reset, but had NO idea how to do it (of course it's not just as simple as pressing a reset button, right? they had to go with the next most intuitive option: toggle hold on/off, then press & hold menu and select for 10 seconds..... :>

thanks though!

JB

SilverSaku

@mindspring.com
reply to Lycaeonia

x____X
My iPod won't charge or turn on either! I dont' know what's wrong with it. TT___TT

SilverSaku

@mindspring.com

OMG!
O____O
THANK YOU! IT WORKS! THANK YOU!! :>

Ben5776

@sympatico.ca
reply to Need BB

man, this peice of crap ipod mini wont even turn on and i have done everything...is it true that you can send it in and they will replace it ?? if some one could get back to me on that my e-mail is jokerz56@hotmail.com thanks

Ben5776

@sympatico.ca

one more thing when i plug it in to the charger the apple logo just keeps flashing and i reset it and the low battery sign comes up...i dont kno what i should do...if some one could get back to me on this soon it would really help out alot...