how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

icedark

@chariot.net.au
reply to Need BB

Re: Ipod Mini Won't Charge

thanks this fixed my ipod... i tried doing a normal reset jsut with the menu and select buttons and it didnt work, but doing it with the hold switch on and off made it work. Btw to everyone who it didnt work with, try it a few times...

Lycaeonia

@comcast.net
reply to Need BB

I've tried a good many times ti reset it in every way people have said and like it isn't working... i plug it in and nothing the screen doesn't even light up at all.

Lycaeonia

@comcast.net
reply to Need BB

after litterally taking the ipod mini apart i got it to work but now the buttons and scroll wheel aren't working and i tried the reset on that and nothing

shadow conspiracy

@dialup.optusnet.com.
reply to ASSS

my ipod will charge..it comes up with the battery and the triangle with th (!) for about 30 seconds..then it goes to a tick saying OK to disconnect..and sometimes beeps and the battery lol flashes and the tick comes up saying the same thing..

shadow conspiracy

@dialup.optusnet.com.

so wen that tick comes up..is it charging or not.

jbourne

@telus.net
reply to druvak

thanks for the resetting info druvak! I figured it needed a reset, but had NO idea how to do it (of course it's not just as simple as pressing a reset button, right? they had to go with the next most intuitive option: toggle hold on/off, then press & hold menu and select for 10 seconds..... :>

thanks though!

JB

SilverSaku

@mindspring.com
reply to Lycaeonia

x____X
My iPod won't charge or turn on either! I dont' know what's wrong with it. TT___TT

SilverSaku

@mindspring.com

OMG!
O____O
THANK YOU! IT WORKS! THANK YOU!! :>

Ben5776

@sympatico.ca
reply to Need BB

man, this peice of crap ipod mini wont even turn on and i have done everything...is it true that you can send it in and they will replace it ?? if some one could get back to me on that my e-mail is jokerz56@hotmail.com thanks

Ben5776

@sympatico.ca

one more thing when i plug it in to the charger the apple logo just keeps flashing and i reset it and the low battery sign comes up...i dont kno what i should do...if some one could get back to me on this soon it would really help out alot...

reply to Need BB

Okay I'm having a problem with mine. It was working fine and dandy today but lo and behold, when I connect it to the USB cable in my comp, it doesn't charge or even go to the "don't disconnect" screen. It just stays there. And it freezes. I can unplug it and it works okay though.

I tried charging it in several different wall outlets and still nothing. I reseted the thing twice and redownloaded itunes again. Still nothing?

Can someone help me?

Expand your moderator at work

macka_smacka

@cable.ubr02.wals.blu
reply to Woodshatter

great stuff with the reset i'd be really stuffed as i have no manual to find out about reset. i was goin back to shop today but falling upon this site has helped me greatly

thankyou very much

MACKA :D:D

Sly Due

@69.249.x.x
reply to Need BB

Awesome help guys!

falafilo

@85.129.x.x
reply to Need BB

my ipod wont charge

reallllllllllly need ur help guys..
my 20 gb photo ipod wont charge.. when i try to reset that battery with the "!" mark comes on for 3 seconds then off.. then when i plug in the charger all i get is that its charging (un animated) and i left it to charge for alooooooot of time .. still same problem.. the deal is that i havent used my ipod for almost 14 days.. and it was almost fully discharged when i stopped using it, mayb some one used it till it was fully discharged... but now it wont charge and its completly screwed up// hellllllllp!!

JoshNJ
Premium
join:2001-12-25
Freehold, NJ

try restoring using ipod updater

falafilo

@85.129.x.x
reply to Need BB

u think thats really gonna work? i mean wats updating has to do with my charging problem.. maybe all i have to figure out now is how to get the hard drive to spin again.. any ideas?? becuz it wont get recognized from pc

falafilo

@85.129.x.x
reply to Need BB

baad u2 20GB ipod

im very dissapointed , after downloading the update turns out the computer wont even recognize it.. all i get from the ipod is that unanimated bettery with the lightnening on it.. and It wont even charge ! its been charging for almost 12 hrs and still no response... i need help fast ppl!

JoshNJ
Premium
Freehold, NJ

I would have guessed it was just the battery, but sounds like it is broken, if it is not even seeing it while plugged in.
--
You do not understand the glory of Wawa.

falafilo

@85.129.x.x
reply to Need BB

Battery

you think i should replace it.. but my ipod has only been with me for 4 months.. any other opinions??

JoshNJ
Premium
Freehold, NJ

Talk to Apple.

falafilo

@85.129.x.x
reply to Need BB

i cant , i acually live so far away.. i dont want complications i just want to repllace the batteries... *sad gurl*

JoshNJ
Premium
Freehold, NJ

Like I mentioned earlier, if the computer won't even see it when it is plugged in and powered, it probably isn't the battery.
--
You do not understand the glory of Wawa.

falafilo

@85.129.x.x
reply to Need BB

not sure...

to tell u the truth i have no idea wat to do.. left it aside for 24 hrs.. now all i get is the apple logo then that battery with the exclamation mark with it,, any ideas why?? although i charged it a million times

Kimberly P

@insightBB.com
reply to whannagan

Re: iPod mini Won't Turn On

Thanks so much! Reset with menu and center button worked perfect.

DCLondon

@62.113.x.x
reply to druvak

You are such a star ...

Had not charged mine for 2 weeks and can you believe is 5 days out of warentee !! Just tried to take it to store and they were rude and unhelpful, someone suggested checking the net and found this post .. all is well with the world now and i have stopped thinking of ways to kill the sales people at apple

Thanks again !!!

falafilo

@85.129.x.x

1 recommendation

reply to Need BB

Working

woohooo! finally , left it aside for 24 hrs and it worked.. suddenly the apple logo appeared to i charged it .. & now its perfectooo! thanks to everyone that tryed to help meh! love u xx

LisaSLC

@qwest.net
reply to Need BB

I have an iPod mini and my husband has a regular iPod. The mini came with a USB cord to connect it to the computer, but no firewire wall charger. I have been using my husband's wall charger to charge the iPod mini every night, because it is kind of a pain to sync it up to the computer and have to eject it and everything, and the USB charging takes much longer than the firewire wall charger. Also, when I sync up to the computer my shuffle starts over. Anyway, this was working fine, but now all of a sudden the wall charger doesn't work on the iPod mini. It's like it doesn't even recognize that something is plugged in to it. The wall charger still works on my husband's iPod, and the iPod mini will still charge with the USB cord through the computer, so it doesn't seem like there's a problem with either the charger itself or the iPod mini. What should I try?

Jelbee

@resnet.uoguelph.ca
reply to Need BB

Similar Problem

Just in case anyone has the same problem I did...

My Ipod was running low on battery, AND I wound up dropping it. I dropped it, and then it would no longer turn on! I was pretty frustrated.

I plugged my Ipod mini into my computer via the charge cable. The charge battery image popped up on the screen, but didn't appear to be charging. It just stayed frozen on the screen like that.

When I unplugged it from the computer, it wouldn't reset, as it wouldn't do ANYTHING.

Solution: Leave the Ipod mini plugged into your computer for several minutes before taking it off and resetting it. As far as I could tell, it just needed a little juice before it could get up and running normally again.

happyipoder

@comcast.net
reply to druvak

this worked for me as well ! Good advice !