Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

my3cents4

join:2004-06-19
Ottawa, ON
reply to Goden99School

Re: Low speed, any chance to go to 1.5 M

he doesnt need to do this. if it gets escalated far enough aka the test centre and he is too far they will tell him. your too far your too far. if a line transfer is available he gets it. bell is bending over backwards to bring in the money. hooking up to the dmarc is only proving that the issue is your inside wiring and you neeed to fix that on your own

TilhasBB
Premium
join:2000-08-05
canada

from experiance it looks like it might be some inside wiring.
It might not give him the full 3meg sync but he might improve and might get better signal

CigaR4
Premium
join:2004-08-24

That is true. A few weeks ago I unplugged all my house wiring at the demarc and tested my connection by only putting my modem at the demarcation point, and my SNR levels went from 6.5 to 14 ; an increase of 7.5 which is alot. Now I have to fix my inside wiring.
--
CiG

gaosan

join:2003-04-19
Kanata, ON
reply to shmore2

Re: low snr

Bylo is right. I plug off my FAX machine for last twelve hours. I got RX FEC 76K in total. I was told I am too far away from CO. But with lowered contract ( $29/m ), I am happy to live with Sympatico. I am try to improve my speed.

My wiring box in the basement is just right next to hydro box. I am wondering whether this causes problem. I will try to route a wire from demarc to my modem. Thanks.