uniqs

cannot get into web
@scotiabank.com

cannot get into web to Talon88

Anon

to Talon88

Re: DI-624 Firmware update w/ Crash Recovery Step by S

I tried upgrading to the newest F/w version 2.5
After I did that, for some reason I have problems getting into the web interface page of the router (192.168.0.1). Either I can go in for a few minutes, and then it freezes (page not found error), or the page just doesn't load all together. Is this a common problem? Without getting into the web interface I can't input my settings...(security and etc)...
speedlever
join:2003-11-30
High Point, NC

speedlever

Re: DI-624 Firmware update w/ Crash Recovery Step

I seem to recall having a similar problem working on my brother-in-law's 624 one time. I'm trying to remember what I did to fix it.. but my memory is failing me.

1) terminate any firewall you're running (disconnect any online connection (cable/dsl) first)

2) make sure you set a static IP address

3) if you use MAC filtering, make sure your first filter covers the wired PC connected to the router.

Hopefully that will get you started.

Wish I could remember what I ran into and how I fixed it, but I recall that I was having trouble entering variables in the router setup pages and it finally locked up and wouldn't let me in to do anything.

I find that once I get a stable configuration and don't mess with things for a long time that I forget some of the finer details of setting up/managing a wireless network.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko

Premium Member

Hey Talon -

You seem to know much more than most about these bloody 624s. I've more or less had it with mine - I'm back on the Netgear 614. The 624, after working fine for a while with the 6.50 firmware is now dropping various machines off the LAN daily, and doing other goofy stuff.

I'd like to convert the thing into an adaptor (I need another one for one of the desktops anyhow) if it'll let me. Is the 624 convertible? Does it have anything akin to a "client mode" or are there any settings that will allow me to use the thing as an adaptor?

Thanks!
Chimmy3
join:2004-09-24
Rosedale, NY

Chimmy3

the router can;t be turned into a wireless client. The best you can do is make it a wireless Access point.