spc
Search similar:

uniqs
azjerry
join:2002-12-04
Phoenix, AZ

azjerry

can't upgrade firmware on DI-604

DI-604 Rev E1, PC is Win XP SP1. I previously upgraded to the 3.20 firmware. Now I'm trying to upgrade to either 3.38 or 3.39. In both cases I get "The version of setting file is not compatible." I've downloaded the .bin files several times and still get the same error. What's the problem and how do I fix it?

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

I think as you learn the names of different file extensions and different protocols you'll find a .bin, .hqx and .sit are all files for a Macintosh aka PPC. None of these files are compatible with a PC or a Microsoft operating system.

There may not be new firmware for your system.
azjerry
join:2002-12-04
Phoenix, AZ

azjerry

.bin IS the extension for the firmware files. I can say that because I still have the 3.20 firmware file that successfully loaded into the router. It has a .bin extension. The support page lists both files under a graphic indicating these are for Win 98 - XP and Mac.

Scree
In the pipe 5 by 5
join:2001-04-24
Mount Laurel, NJ

1 edit

Scree to azjerry

to azjerry
Since the error text says something about "setting file is not compatible", you should probably first try resetting the router to its default settings. If you then still can't flash the firmware, do a hard reset of the router to get the "crash recovery" page, where you should then be surely able to flash (Step 6 at »support.dlink.com/suppor ··· Id=33524 )