Search similar:

uniqs
vitaman
Vitaman
join:2002-08-26
Long Beach, NY

vitaman

DVD won't play movies..code 89030000

I go to play a movie from Blockbuster with PowerDVD and a window opens that says "code 89030000 unknown file format"
I have an ATI 9200 video card hooked up to my TV via s-video cable. I switched out another DVD drive and got the same result. I uninstalled and reinstalled PowerDVD. Is there a possiblity of a conflict with the cards drivers as it does have a DVD play. When I uninstalled PowerDVD, tried used the ATI DVD play and that didn't work.
Any suggestions?

Polska
Czesc, Jak Sie Masz?
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Clifton, NJ

Polska

Premium Member

check this out: »forum.doom9.org/showthre ··· id=57317
vitaman
Vitaman
Long Beach, NY

vitaman

it appears that link is for transcoded movies, which are saved on the hard drive. I just want to play this straight from the CD

GPorter
It Always Works Better When It's On
join:2001-03-21
San Antonio, TX

GPorter to vitaman

to vitaman
What the error seems to mean is that the DVD player software can't read the file format. Since the movies you've tried are on DVDs, that means that THEY aren't corrupt. What's left? PowerDVD. Try reinstalling it.

By the way, there are a lot of folks who wouldn't think to try a "known good" disc in this situation-good work! Always try to eliminate a variable as quickly as possible. You proved that it wasn't THAT movie, or even the DVD drive (necessarily), but that the problem happens with more than one movie. This is known as intelligent troubleshooting.
vitaman
Vitaman
Long Beach, NY

vitaman

solution

I think it was a conflict with my ATI driver that had a DVD player. I did a wipe and reinstall, and it works fine now.