Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming
join:2001-07-31
Calhoun, GA

NewLife to Robert

to Robert

Re: wow

said by Robert:
said by bloodrage:

2 million customers times say around $40 a month comes out to 80 million a month...and 960 million a year.....thats a lot of cash....
Minus all the FCC Fees and the hundred of thousands of dollars for the equipment. Not too much in the end.
Im sure it is still plenty Rob. What is it, are you a BS employee or something and getting paid to say that. Trust me they are making plenty of money. How do I figure? Because look at this way. Those 40.00/mo fees are only for residential customers. Then you have your business customers, your T1-T3-OC customers, you have the people that pay for static ip addresses, and the list could go on and on about the various amounts that are being paid in and contribute to the overall revenue of the company.

Not a rainmaker
@bellsouth.net

Not a rainmaker

Anon

Did you forget about the free modems and installation costs, application and hardware development costs, helpdesk support, technical support, field techs, etc. If broadband is so great with great profits how come most ISPs barely run in the black? I could go on for days with a list of ISPs that thought it was a big money maker that have closed their doors.

NewLife
Calhoun, GA

NewLife

said by Not a rainmaker:

If broadband is so great with great profits how come most ISPs barely run in the black?
But those companies was ISPs only. Bellsouth does more than just be an ISP.

Carl
Premium Member
join:2004-07-21
Lafayette, LA

Carl

Premium Member

said by NewLife:
said by Not a rainmaker:

If broadband is so great with great profits how come most ISPs barely run in the black?
But BellSouth.net (the ISP side) and BellSouth (the telco side) are two different entities, right?

NewLife
Calhoun, GA

NewLife

said by Carl:
said by NewLife:
said by Not a rainmaker:

But BellSouth.net (the ISP side) and BellSouth (the telco side) are two different entities, right?
Yes but it all feeds one cash cow. Remember that.

Carl
Premium Member
join:2004-07-21
Lafayette, LA

Carl

Premium Member

Okay good to know. I thought they were seperate.
This is a sub-selection from wow