spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Brergo
join:2000-08-08
New City, NY

Brergo

need Earthlink promo code

Does anyone have the promo code for the $39/month w/ free equip and install (via Covad) for the NY metro area? I am trying to switch to Earthlink and they said to get that deal I need the promo code. Thanks in advance.

Monica

join:2000-06-15
Fremont, CA

Monica

The Promo Code mailed to me in CA is DMPC20014. Part of the small print says self install equip. will arrive in 10-15 business days, delivery may take longer in New York. So this # may be good there too.
kangyullee
join:2000-05-25
Oakland Gardens, NY

kangyullee to Brergo

to Brergo
You don't need a promo code actually.

When you talk to an Earthlink/Mindspring sales rep, just ask for the $39.95/month plan with free equipment and installation via Covad. They'll give it to you.

If the sales rep say he/she can't do it without a promo code, then hang up and call again to talk to another one.

When I ordered DSL service exactly same as the one you mentioned, a sales rep asked me if I had promo code which I didn't, but he gave it to me anyway.

Take Mindspring instead of Earthlink if you are planning to share the connection via LAN without a router. I heard that Earthlink only give one IP, which means you need a router to share the connection.

Mindspring is said to give 3 IP's per one customer which means you can share the connection with up to 3 PC's via LAN at the same time without a router. You just need to plug network cable from modem into an uplink port of the hub.

Good Luck!

Brergo
New City, NY

Brergo

I ordered Earthlink DSL a little while ago. They told me the $39.95 price was only in certain markets in California. I told him that I knew people in my area that got it and he said that the salespeople that gave it to them are probably not working for Earthlink any longer. He did tell me that by years end, all customers will be getting the option to drop to $39.95/month for their current service or for $49.95 a month they are going to offer a static IP and networking option. I really didn't feel like calling back and speaking to a dozen different reps since this guy actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about. I got the equipment and installation via Covad for free. So if I have to pay an extra $10 for a couple of months, no biggie. Hopefully the service will be much better than my Verizon DSL. Thanks for your input.

Brian
System

to Brergo

Anon

to Brergo
use promo code SVMP40005 and it's only $39.99 a month

Good Luck.
Bill

to Brergo

Anon

to Brergo
I used the same promo code DMPC20014 as posted above for my install order in PA. EL/MS took it without question for the 39.95 rate. I am still waiting for loop verification, but the order is apparantly in.

Brergo
New City, NY

Brergo

Steve1500-

I am going to call back the Earthlink sales rep and see what he has to say about that promo code. Thanks.

Brian

Tom0
Premium Member
join:2000-09-10
Chicago, IL

Tom0

Premium Member

im on the phone with them right now ill see what they say...
--
Well, I called 4 different reps, and they said ok $39.99 a month can I have your billing info please.. apparently this promo is good throughout US... i had to call 80 different reps and finally found one that took it for my promo code....

--
Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people

[text was edited by author 2000-10-06 16:45:16]

[text was edited by author 2000-10-06 16:46:12]
Tom0

Tom0

Premium Member

Hey guys, it's 8 eastern and anyone trying to use the promo code DONT call right now, call at around 9:30, because the call center is moving next store and their promo databases are down right now (There was so much noise in the background I could barely hear the guy..) anyway if the DB comes back up ill post, and if you dont hear from me try at around 9 EST.

--
Remember, there are no stupid questions, just clumsy people.
Like Earthlink. How'd that get in my siganture? Whoops.
Tom0

Tom0

Premium Member

Guys it's saturday night, the server is still up and down.... AND I talked to a tech and he said that DMPC20014 is only for dial-up customers
--
Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people

stevethedude
join:2000-09-20
Montara, CA

stevethedude to Brergo

to Brergo

Earthlink/MindSpring/Covad - who and how to choose

Okay, I'm a bit confused as to how to proceed - I'm ready to make the leap but not sure the "best" path to follow.

I live in Redwood City, California.

I gather from reading here that Mindspring is better than Earthlink (better speed? more storage and email addresses and IP numbers?) - and that Covad is who you want to give you the most speed on your line.

So, I went to the Covad site and put in a request for service. That was the 21st of September. I was promised (in a confirmation email) a followup call from Mindspring in five business days. That obviously won't happen.

I've also got those coupons from Earthlink with the $39.95 promo on them. That is the price I want, but not sure if I call with that code if I can end up as a Mindspring customer
(nb - I know they merged, but I gather from here that they do treat the two customer sets - new ones included - as vaguely separate for some issues) - and if I can get Covad. The coupon has the SPRINT logo on it - but maybe it's not Covad or Sprint, maybe Sprint is a different part of the cycle.

People here are always mentioning they deal over the phone with the providers - no one is doing email, obviously?

Any advice? I want the best chance at getting good speed, and good service as well...

Thanks,

Steve

Raj Dynel
Are You Experienced?
Premium Member
join:2000-09-14
Cupertino, CA

Raj Dynel to Brergo

Premium Member

to Brergo

Re: need Earthlink promo code

I live South of you [Mountain View]. I used an Earthlink coupon with the promo code. Included everything including free installation.

I called Earthlink and was told Pac Bell does the installation in my area. I specifically requested Covad. No problem whatsoever.

However, I have having a few delays with my installation. You may read my diary here:
http://www.dslreports.com/dsl_diary

From what I have heard, the ISP's book more subscriber's than they can handle, to get market share. My guess is that if you don't keep buggin' them they will let you slide, at least they are apt to take their time... Maybe focus more on people putting up a fuss.

This is mostly just a theory. I wouldn't start any lawsuits over it.
--
"Experience The Magic"
Jerry L. Pianka
Mountain View, CA - USA
System

to stevethedude

Anon

to stevethedude

Re: Earthlink/MindSpring/Covad - who and how to choose

If you sign up for earthlink from the web site, I think they offered free firewall software($99 value)that was a few weeks ago, i haven't checked back, pick a e-mail name with the domain name being mindspring.com- that's what I did and you will automatically get covad and 1.5mb/s speed.
if you choose sprint or earthlink you will probably get gte and thats the same as verizon, speed will probably be 640mb/s. Also if you call just ask for a COVAD line put in, its better than sharing using bellatlantic's systems.
They also had a free digital camera offer promo code400052466. all prices should drop to $39 in november I was told by my rep. on the phone, so even if you pay $10 more for a month or two its worth getting the software or camera first($99) value. Right?

Anthonynyc