Search similar:

uniqs
gaforces (banned)
United We Stand, Divided We Fall
join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA

gaforces (banned)

My DSL was canceled/disconnected

On around the 12th of december SBC disconnected my phoneline because of a billing problem.
On the 14th they hooked it back up.
On the 24th DSL Extreme cancelled my DSL circuit with NO notice and then they went on xmas vacation.
On mon the 27th I called and asked what was up with my account, a woman told me that they had a disconnection order from SBC so they cut me off.
I was told it would be back up by the end of the week 4-5 business days and that I could use dialup till then.

"Customer called in asked to reactivate the account, he said his line is now active , I told him per ANA that it will take 4-5 business days"

Well its now past the 4-5 days and no dsl and I look at my billing and im being double charged, plus what looks to be disconnection fee, it doenst say what its for.
"MISC 1/1/05-2/1/05 $62.16 1 $62.16
MISC 2/1/05-2/9/05 $18.04 1 $18.04
Subtotal $80.20
Taxes $0.00
Total $80.20
Paid $80.20
Due $0.00"
So there im being charged for the next month and some other fee, and they DISCONNECT me.

Now Im being charged
"SVC#120 1/1/2005 to 2/1/2005 -- Federal Universal Service Charge $2.21 1 $2.21
SVC#258 1/1/2005 to 2/1/2005 -- SBC DSL **1500-6000/384-608** $59.95 1 $59.95
DTL#109931 --Email #96065..nospam@dslextreme.com $0.00 1 $0.00
Subtotal $62.16
Taxes $0.00
Total $62.16
Paid $62.16
Due $0.00"

AND I have no DSL.

Total suckage

danza
Premium Member
join:2002-08-23

danza

Premium Member

Whoa, you should give their billing department a call to see if they can sort something out.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm to gaforces

ISP Employee

to gaforces
Hi gaforces -

The ASI system is set up so if your phone line or dial tone is disconnected for any reason a disconnect order is automatically processed through for the line share or DSL portion of the line. When your phone line is disconnected ASI will pull the plug on you automatically without informing us that it was disconnected. We have no way of notifying you that your phone line is going to be disconnected as that is confidential information between you and the phone company.

Once a disconnect order is in the system it will not allow us to process a new order on the line until the disconnect order has completed and the line is cleared. The line cleared out yesterday and a new order was processed on the line yesterday. The new due date for the line to be up and running is 1/10. SBC normally completes them early so it may even be up before then.

I will take a look at the billing and make sure that the proper credit get applied to the account. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
George
gaforces (banned)
Santa Cruz, CA

3 edits

gaforces (banned)

Thanks, and merry f-in xmas.

I got sync but no surf, so it looks like asi did thier part its dslextreme that needs to re-enter me into the system.
I asked the rep if I needed to do anything she said no.
Will I have the same static ip and everything?

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

You will need a new IP since it is on a different circuit. I just sent you the new IP information via IM.
gaforces (banned)
Santa Cruz, CA

gaforces (banned)

Doesnt work, sent you pm.
gaforces

2 edits

gaforces (banned) to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
Still not working. Almost 20 days now its been down, do I get a refund for that?

$#@%#@$%^$%^&!

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

What modem are you using? Do you know if it is set to the standard 0/35 VPI/VCI?

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to gaforces

MVM

to gaforces
If you disconnected your voice line, you were the one that caused the problem, so I don't think they will be willing to give you a discount Don't intend to be mean, but look at it from their perspective.

If I go out and cut my phone line coming to my house, I can't get a credit from SBC for lost phone service. Granted that's extreme, but it's a similar situation.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm to gaforces

ISP Employee

to gaforces
Looks like SBC didn't have you built properly in the CO. They corrected the problem and your line is up and running. Your billing was taken care of as well.
gaforces (banned)
Santa Cruz, CA

gaforces (banned) to pflog

to pflog
I didnt disconnect anything, try reading the post.
gaforces

1 edit

to dslx_gm
Works now, but not very well.
Your download speed : 3448527 bps, or 3367 kbps.
A 420.9 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 327680 bps, or 320 kbps.

This is way too much crap to handle from any company, I cant wait till my contract is up next mo.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to gaforces

MVM

to gaforces
You didn't specify what the "billing problem" was. I did read your post.
quote:
On around the 12th of december SBC disconnected my phoneline because of a billing problem.
I read that as "I accidentally forgot to pay my bill." or something to that effect. My apologies, there's no need to be snide.
gaforces (banned)
Santa Cruz, CA

gaforces (banned)

Sorry man, Im not very happy with dsl extreme and I put it on you.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

No problem, like I said, I didn't want to sound mean or anything...now that I understand your situation, I can understand your frustration. I'm sure DSLX has done everything they can, though. Sometimes SBC just can't move fast enough, being such a big company, to fix things as quickly as we'd like. Good luck!

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm to gaforces

ISP Employee

to gaforces
gaforces -

Your are back on the rate adaptive profile now. Since the line readings were marginal the SBC optimization system profiled you at the 4032/384 profile. I had them move you up to the full rate adaptive profile. You are currently in sync at 5472/608. If my memory serves me correct this is what you were in sync at before. I have included the line readings for the line below.

I find it quite disconcerning that you are upset with DSLExtreme over something where we did nothing wrong. Your phone service was disconnect and you lost dial tone due to a billing problem with SBC. When your phone service is lost SBC send a disconnect order through for any other services connected to the phone line including DSL. When this happens SBC requires a disconnect and reconnect be done on your line. When made aware of this we promptly processed the disconnect/reconnect order on the line that SBC requires.

I can understand your frustration in having your DSL down but am perplexed why you are upset with DSLExtreme for a situation that we did not cause and worked to get you back up and running as soon as SBC would allow it. Even though it wasn't a DSLExtreme problem I still applied a credit on your account for the downtime as well.

DN STREAM SPEED The line is running at 5472 kbps, which is 9% below the maximum bit rate of 6016 kbps.
UP STREAM SPEED The line is running at the maximum bit rate of 608 kbps.
DN STREAM S/N The line noise margin equals the target noise margin of 6dB.
UP STREAM S/N The line noise margin is 16dB, which is above the target noise margin of 6dB.
DN STREAM POWER The line power is at the maximum of 20dBm.
UP STREAM POWER The line power is 10dBm, which is below the maximum of 13dBm.
DN STREAM LINE CAPACITY The line is already running at 100% of relative capacity on downstream transmission path.
UP STREAM LINE CAPACITY The line is running at 60% of relative capacity on upstream transmission path.

elsupremo
join:2000-09-03
Newport Beach, CA

elsupremo to gaforces

to gaforces
said by gaforces:

Sorry man, Im not very happy with dsl extreme and I put it on you.
Not their fault.
gaforces (banned)
Santa Cruz, CA

to dslx_gm
Because it was more than 10 days after it had already been reconnected and you didnt bother to find out if it was connected or not. At the time of the DSL disconnection my phone line was not disconnected.
Also, for the first 8 mo of my "service" with DSL Extreme I was not running at the full rate till I complained about it. Another thing is the frequent "no surf" I got with this company.
You always blame SBC or say my line is marginal, thats BS I never had any problems with CRUZIO.com like Ive had with DSLExtreme.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

The difference is that you were on the 1500/256 package with Cruzio and are now on the higher 6 Meg package that your line is barely holding. Sync problems have nothing to do with DSLExtreme as the problem is on the line between the phone company and your location. We are not blaming anyone just telling you where the problem is.

Regardless I am happy that your line is back up and running.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

1 edit

1 recommendation

djrobx to gaforces

Premium Member

to gaforces
The fact that you have a connection between the CO and your home that can only marginally support 6 megabits is not DSLExtreme's fault. Reducing your plan will increase the reliability. I'm sure DSLExtreme has advised you of this. Instead you choose to run the line at it's absolute limit, then come here complaining every time it goes down. If you want reliable service like you had with Cruzio, reduce your plan to the same speed you had with Cruzio. It's not rocket science.

It's also not DSLExtreme's fault that you had billing issues with SBC. I promise you the exact same thing would have happened with Cruzio. SBC pulled the plug, not DSLExtreme. It's also SBC's policies and mistakes that made the reconnection process take so long. Again, Cruzio would face the same issues.

You are very unfairly blaming DSLExtreme for problems you are largely bringing on yourself. Why not reduce your plan to one that's more appropriate for your line and enjoy reliable service?
gaforces (banned)
Santa Cruz, CA

1 edit

to dslx_gm
Then I should not have qualified for the 6000/608, but YOU sold it to me!
gaforces

gaforces (banned) to djrobx

to djrobx
It did happen with CRUZIO, the difference is they called my voice line, saw that it was working and they did NOT disconnect me.
gaforces

to dslx_gm
Thank you for your help all these times there were problems, you do a great job here on the forums for people.
I also liked the net op that posted here who really seemed to know what was happening.
All other contact Ive had with DSL Extreme has been horrible
johram4
join:2004-01-06
Colton, CA

johram4 to gaforces

to gaforces
wow those are great speeds!
enjoy it

dslextreme is my preferred broadband provider.
threads like this are why.
above and beyond.
Expand your moderator at work
gaforces (banned)
Santa Cruz, CA

1 edit

gaforces (banned)

Re: My DSL was canceled/disconnected

Expand your moderator at work

elsupremo
join:2000-09-03
Newport Beach, CA

elsupremo to gaforces

to gaforces

Re: My DSL was canceled/disconnected

You may not like hearing this, but anything over 4 mbps actual throughput is incredible speed and the vast majority of broadband enthusiasts would kill to have that speed.

DSLExtreme can and should have sold you the 6mbps package because the speeds you are currently receiving with that package could not have been achieved with the 3mbps package or lower, even if you are not syncing and holding the full possible 6016 rate.

On a more positive note, depending on how much you have done so far, you CAN be proactive about this and possibly gain even better results. #1 thing: have SBC install the POTS splitter than DSL_Tech is always talking about. My line was very marginal and, while it was able to sync at 6016, was not HOLDING that sync, and repeatedly was coming down to 59xx or lower. Also stability was an issue. I had DSLX order the POTS install from SBC, and although they quoted me around 150 for the whole job, it ended up only costing about $90 with a good installer. After, I sync at the full 6016 and hold it without problem. No stability issues anymore.

Lastly, if you require phone assistance from DSLExtreme, my advice is to seek out Tier 2 techs, this is the first step in getting good support, and once you have found someone who you think you can make progress with, hold onto him/her for dear life. Keep their name around and when calling DSLX, ask only for that person. There really are benefits to this. I know from experience.

Good luck.