spc
Search similar:

uniqs

calpespain
@80.102.x.x

calpespain

Anon

Telefonica Kit ADSL

Hi everyone, I need to be guided here. I ordered via telefonica's site ADSL modem.They have sent me a 4 port router, as yet I have not contacted them as today is a holiday and as I have just returned from holidays thought I would see if others have had the same problem. Although on their english site they say the instructions will be sent in english, mine are in Spanish. I read basic spanish buit this is so detailed that I don't want to risk it till I have to. I signed up and connected to wanadoo dial-up in spanish and have had o problems but this is a bit different, I think!

So I am currently downlading the instructions for a modem from telefonica in english, but I am guessing here that this will not help me as I have the router'kit ADSL router inalámbrico model 00412716 and not a single use modem. I will see when it's downloaded. Ha anyone else got any ideas of how to get this up an running or where to get the english instructions.

Cheers to anyone out-there
adeibiza7
join:2003-07-29

adeibiza7

ive installed a couple of telefonica´s 4 port wireless routers - the most important thing is DONT install as single port - always use multipuesto and dynamic ip - basically click on siguente (continue) and it should be ok - you´ll need to have your username and password from the telefonica letter after youre installed so you can "activate" the adsl account and therefore get your emailing details (go to telefonica.net and on the left is the adsl section)
spanishbob
join:2004-11-30
spain

spanishbob to calpespain

to calpespain
is that the router that you have to stick the pcm wireless card into? it's crap and the alleged built in firewall sucks (prepare to open your pc's to the world).
what you should do is get yourself a netgear adsl modem/router like i did and connect it up. It is quick, easy, and i can give you all the settings.
adeibiza7

adeibiza7

yeah, its the standard one (white colour) they charge about 18€ for - i havent tried using the wi/fi and if i was i´d go for a dedicated netgear etc - but as far as ive used 3 so far they are ok for home use but i would never rely on a built in firewall on any modem/router/os
lordfields
join:2005-03-02

lordfields to calpespain

to calpespain
Calpespain...did you have any success with your router and the English manual?

I would like to know where I can get a download of this, too! I have managed to install the router (even with my decent command of Spanish) but not quite got it right as I can't get the laptop to work - even though I have a strong signal.
adeibiza7

adeibiza7

its »www.telefonicainenglish.com but i dont think they have the manual for the 4 port router which is a bit stupid since thats the one they give most people
tibs
join:2005-03-23
Spain

tibs to spanishbob

to spanishbob
I've got a netgear adsl modem/router on the way to replace my cheapo Telefonica one. Can you give me the settings? Thanks.
kzinvogon
join:2005-05-26

kzinvogon to calpespain

to calpespain
The standard Telefonica username and password for installing either your modem or router is:

Username: adslppp@telefonicanetpa
Password : adslppp

Telefonica ADSL Router Configuration settings are:

PPPoE, VPI/VCI 8/32, Encapsulation Mode LLC/SNAP, DNS [80.58.0.33] and [80.58.32.97].

I just bought a belkin wireless adsl router connected it up replacing the 3com supplied box and it connects but will no get an IP address from the network.. does anyone have any idea or is it a Lease time issue?

thanks
mikey04
join:2005-05-09
Spain

mikey04 to calpespain

to calpespain
Similar thing here - got a Buffalo router and was grateful to received the above settings, but still can't get online
mikey04

mikey04 to calpespain

to calpespain
I would gladly pay someone to help me get it up and running
daleinspain
join:2004-11-28

daleinspain

If you are in the torrevieja area contact us via our website. We will be happy to configure your router and test it on our adsl line.

»www.pcprospain.com
menorcaman
join:2005-06-25
Menorca

menorcaman to calpespain

to calpespain
An English language manual for the Telefonica ADSL wireless router model Xavi X7768r is downloadable from »www.telefonicaonline.com ··· 768r.pdf

I received a letter from Telefonica advising me that the User Name and Password were adslppp@telefonicanetpa and adslppp respectively. However, after pointing my browser at address 192.168.1.1, these login details were not accepted by the router. After reading the downloaded manual I entered 1234 for both the User Name and Password and successfully accessed the router.

Hope this helps.

Regards
distance1323
join:2005-07-07
Blackwood, NJ

distance1323

Hi,
I don't know if anyone can help me, but I have just connected to Telefonica and received a crappy ADSL USB modem. I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router sitting right next to me thinking that this USB modem will have an ethernet port to it, but it doesn't. I contacted Linksys, but all they said was get another modem from Telefonica.
Is that my only option? Or can my computer connect to the WRT54G wireless router?
Thanks.
KasperP
join:2004-10-07

KasperP

Your WRT54G doesn't work cause it's an ethernet router. You need an ADSL router or purchase and ADSL modem with ethernet interface.

Linksys WAG54G has a built ind ADSL modem.
distance1323
join:2005-07-07
Blackwood, NJ

distance1323

Ok, Thanks. If I get any brand ADSL modem (lets say the WAG54G) then I just set it up as normal and telefonica will still work? I am worried that Telefonica will not 'accept' my modem that I buy.
Thanks
distance1323

distance1323

ok, so I bought a DSL modem with ethernet port (speedstream 5100b). How can I set this up so that the DSL connection runs through this instead of the Telefonica USB ADSL modem? I dont have a installation CD.
Thanks
the2nicks
join:2005-07-11
SPAIN

the2nicks to kzinvogon

to kzinvogon
Hi kzinvogon,
Thanks for the Telefonica router settings.
I entered them into my Netgear router and it works a treat.
Which means that the dodgy Telefonica modem I've had for just 2 days has now been consigned to my PC components box!
One little point ... I used your DNS settings which worked ok but thought I'd give the "get automatically from ISP" a whirl and it works fine even though the auto-assigned DSN values are different from those you suggested ...
DNS-1 : 80.58.61.250
DNS-2 : 80.58.61.254
Thanks again for the info.
Nick

menumorut
BE an American.
join:2005-07-04
Queens Village, NY

1 edit

menumorut to distance1323

to distance1323
said by distance1323:

ok, so I bought a DSL modem with ethernet port (speedstream 5100b). How can I set this up so that the DSL connection runs through this instead of the Telefonica USB ADSL modem? I don't have a installation CD.
Thanks
Get the settings data from kzinvogon post.
Read these:

»kb.efficient.com/display ··· .5642816

»kb.efficient.com/article ··· 57&p=351

»Speedstream 5100b hardware configuration

The 5100 has it´s own FAQ:»Efficient Networks Forum FAQ

Telefonica wouldn´t care less what CPE you have(of course they would not support it)
Good Luck!
menumorut

basreflex
@Red-81-34-99.pooles.

basreflex to calpespain

Anon

to calpespain
dump that thing, the firmware is a "telefonica special" that opens up the port 80 and 23 to 192.168.1.1 from the outside; even if you close these manually, a reset or restart opens them up. it allows telefonica to enter your network and peek around. It also prevents you to use any voip application as these ports (5060)are closed out by the telefonica "firmware".
alfas del pi
koen@weijand.nl
simoncaleta
join:2005-07-27

simoncaleta to calpespain

to calpespain
Hi all,
sorry if this is repeating the above, but can you clarify:
I am using telefonica KIT ADSL modem.
Will I be blocked from using VOIP software?

If so, I have an old Intel PRO/DSL 3220 Modem (from a BT adsl connection when I was back in the UK about 3 years ago) - can I use this?

Thanks for any advice
barranquet8
join:2003-08-11

barranquet8

A short answer to your question is no. With an ADSL modem your computer is completely open to the outside world. Telefónica does not block any ports. I have been using VOIP successfully for several years on a Wanadoo/Telefónica connection with no problems. Just make sure your firewall allows incoming traffic on the necessary ports, for SIP usually 5060 for call set up and a couple of media ports depending on the client.

alistair
simoncaleta
join:2005-07-27

simoncaleta

Thanks Alistair,

I was reading the post further up this topic by "basreflex", but now realise they were talking about a router.

Thanks for your help
Basiclife
join:2004-07-29
UK

2 edits

Basiclife to calpespain

to calpespain
I'm using the telefonica router mentioned above and no, I can use VOIP (skype in my case) quite happily You CAN disable it if you wish but it seems fine to me. Pings are a little higher than I'd like (90s rather than my UK ADSL which was around 20-30) but still serviceable. Also, if you have a hunt around on the CD they send you, all the manuals ARE there in english and there's even a funky video.

I have to admit, being an impatient bastard, I skipped their setup program and did it all manually. Works like a dream.

Oh and I just found that my next door neighbour was using my wireless connection to access the net through my ADSL (cheeky b*****d!) so I'm in the process of learning wireless authentication...

All in all, you SHOULD be able to do anything and if you have any problems, you can get pretty far into the guts using the command line interface to make any changes you want.

Wordy eh?

[edit]
The router manual in English is called "Manual de configuracion web.pdf" on the CD
[/edit]

[edit]
Hmm... Reallt should've read the date of the last post![/edit]