Expand your moderator at work

Fluke
Premium
join:2008-06-24
Plainfield, CT
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: WoW for complete MMORPG beginners

LOL thats exactly what I was talking about, the guy on the biog tree limb I watched other people do it and I just kept killing him or getting killed by him. hehe

At that time I didnt know to pick pocket you have to left click 1st hehe

too funny
--
Get cape... wear cape... fly!

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
reply to Krisnatharok

Because I play solo I got to level 30 on my first toon before I realized I had talent points to spend. Sure made things easier after I spent them.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Fluke
said by Fluke:

I didn't see this mentioned and to me when I started it was the thing that caused me the most grief not knowing.

When you left click a NPC you select them and right clicking them you will attack them (when you are in range)

My 1st character was a rogue and I had to pick pocket a yellow NPC and I would right click him when I got close and I would attack. It took me a lot of times trying till someone told me the simple fact left clicking selects the target but doesn't attack
I lol'd when I read this. It reminded me of that early Night elf rogue quest that has you loot some demon's pockets in Tedrassil. I read the quest, and it said that brute force and diplomacy might fail, so to try stealth. I must have killed him about 10 times from stealth before realizing that I had to pick the guy's pocket. It was the closest I got to swearing in trade chat until I got banned. I was that pissed off that the quest item was not dropping.

Fluke
Premium
join:2008-06-24
Plainfield, CT
reply to justin
I didn't see this mentioned and to me when I started it was the thing that caused me the most grief not knowing.

When you left click a NPC you select them and right clicking them you will attack them (when you are in range)

My 1st character was a rogue and I had to pick pocket a yellow NPC and I would right click him when I got close and I would attack. It took me a lot of times trying till someone told me the simple fact left clicking selects the target but doesn't attack
--
Get cape... wear cape... fly!

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium
join:2001-06-11
Downers Grove, IL
reply to rob westerling

Number of unique views to the thread.

rob westerling

@suomicom.fi
reply to justin
what are those "uniqs" that are like on the side of the threds replies/"uniqs"?

Conners40

join:2008-10-25
reply to justin

Great thread! Beginners are important to the virtual world, and helping them get over the learning curve does a lot to populate servers. I remember all these negative, selfish people on the official forum complaining about low population on their server. Gee, I wonder why, eh?

You know, one thing I've always thought would be cool is if there was a reputation system in the game where beginners could award rep to veteran players, and those vets would get some kind of neat reward for helping newbies.
--
70 Warlock, 70 Rogue, 19 Rogue twink
wow forums
BJJ blue belt IRL

ogpal

join:2008-07-22
Santa Paula, CA
reply to justin

thank you very much.i've learnd from it a lot

CultofSkaro

join:2008-05-06
Wallingford, CT
reply to justin
I'm going to agree with previous post, depending on class try to stay outside overall mob area and used range attacks to pull the mobs you want. Sometimes you'll pull a few but if far enough away you can run like hell. If you are playing warrior or pally then pulling two or three at lvl 7 fighting same level enemies shouldn't be an issue. Warriors bore me but it was fun wiping out 3-5 guys in one fight.(potions of course)
--
Learning to fly is not so hard. The hard part is learning to hurl yourself towards the ground at break neck speeds and missing.

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast

1 edit
reply to justin

(topic move) WoW for complete MMORPG beginners

This is not the post you are looking for.
Move along.