Fluke
Premium Member
join:2008-06-24
Groton, CT

Fluke to justin

Premium Member

to justin

Re: WoW for complete MMORPG beginners

I didn't see this mentioned and to me when I started it was the thing that caused me the most grief not knowing.

When you left click a NPC you select them and right clicking them you will attack them (when you are in range)

My 1st character was a rogue and I had to pick pocket a yellow NPC and I would right click him when I got close and I would attack. It took me a lot of times trying till someone told me the simple fact left clicking selects the target but doesn't attack

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Fluke:

I didn't see this mentioned and to me when I started it was the thing that caused me the most grief not knowing.

When you left click a NPC you select them and right clicking them you will attack them (when you are in range)

My 1st character was a rogue and I had to pick pocket a yellow NPC and I would right click him when I got close and I would attack. It took me a lot of times trying till someone told me the simple fact left clicking selects the target but doesn't attack
I lol'd when I read this. It reminded me of that early Night elf rogue quest that has you loot some demon's pockets in Tedrassil. I read the quest, and it said that brute force and diplomacy might fail, so to try stealth. I must have killed him about 10 times from stealth before realizing that I had to pick the guy's pocket. It was the closest I got to swearing in trade chat until I got banned. I was that pissed off that the quest item was not dropping.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

Because I play solo I got to level 30 on my first toon before I realized I had talent points to spend. Sure made things easier after I spent them.
Expand your moderator at work

Fluke
Premium Member
join:2008-06-24
Groton, CT

Fluke to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

LOL thats exactly what I was talking about, the guy on the biog tree limb I watched other people do it and I just kept killing him or getting killed by him. hehe

At that time I didnt know to pick pocket you have to left click 1st hehe

too funny
Expand your moderator at work
djlar
join:2009-04-23

1 edit

1 recommendation

djlar to justin

to justin

Click for full size
oskarde