Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

meknow

join:2004-10-07
Los Angeles, CA
reply to meknow

Re: 5 Dynamic IP(s) - what this means?

I got modem synced. Somewhat early then activation day.
I have horrible speed for now ( 400K ) and line filter does not work. Since my activation day is not up yet, I have to be patients... no problem I can wait
Just hope things work out after activation and few more day to ramp up the speed and new filter install.

The multiple dyn ip work like charm but I can not fully utilize yet by speed issue.

Thanks all of you. Wish me a luck to get smooth ride with all this trouble...

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17
said by meknow:

I got modem synced. Somewhat early then activation day.
I have horrible speed for now ( 400K ) and line filter does not work. Since my activation day is not up yet, I have to be patients... no problem I can wait
Just hope things work out after activation and few more day to ramp up the speed and new filter install.

The multiple dyn ip work like charm but I can not fully utilize yet by speed issue.

Thanks all of you. Wish me a luck to get smooth ride with all this trouble...
I took a look at your line readings and they do not look very good. How many phones do you have in the house? Do you have a fax machine or satellite dish that connects to the phone line? Do all of those have filters on them? Do you have an alarm system or anything else that connects to the phone line?

We may want to try to plug in the modem at the MPOE to see what speeds you get from there.

Here are the line readings.

•DN STREAM SPEED The line is running at 672 kbps, which is 56% below the maximum bit rate of 1536 kbps.
•UP STREAM SPEED The line is running at the maximum bit rate of 384 kbps.
•DN STREAM S/N The line noise margin is 4dB, which is below the target noise margin 6dB and above the minimum noise margin of 0dB.
•UP STREAM S/N The line noise margin is 15dB, which is above the target noise margin of 6dB.
•DN STREAM POWER The line power is 16dBm, which is below the maximum of 20 dBm, but it cannot be increased because individual tones are operating at their maximum level.
•UP STREAM POWER The line power is 12dBm, which is below the maximum of 13dBm.
•DN STREAM LINE CAPACITY The line is already running at 92% of relative capacity on downstream transmission path.
•UP STREAM LINE CAPACITY The line is running at 61% of relative capacity on upstream transmission path.
--
Will work for reviews.