spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sikboy1029
join:2004-11-15
Freeport, IL

sikboy1029

(slim) ps2 won't connect, please help -611

I tried entering my ip as the DNS address but still no luck, I keep getting DNAS Error -611, I have the slim ps2 with the built in network adaptor and I am connecting the ps2 directly to my modem, got xbox live to work, someone please help
IGGY9
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium Member
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL

4 edits

IGGY9

Premium Member

611 NET_DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND The DNS resolver did not recognize the DNAS server host name. "DNAS Error (-611) A network error has occurred." Please double-check your network connection and/or network configuration. »www.drrockit.com/exec/ve ··· ersion=2

»www.mgforums.com/forums/ ··· ?t=24784

This may or may not offer help.

GameSpot Forums - The How do I get my Playstation 2 online FAQ »forums.gamespot.com/game ··· 5&page=6

»DNAS - Error Code FAQ »DNAS

"DNAS is a security system that Sony has running. I'm going to add a DNAS section to the FAQ. Unfortunatly the info I was able to find didn't list the specific error numbers, it only said to contact Sony support if you received one. It shouldn't be related to your physical setup, although I did receive a DNAS error when I misconfigured my IP settings on my PS2 (even though the test connection worked fine). You might double-check your settings, but other than that you'll probably have to call Sony support."

» ··· negaming
theinsider8
join:2004-02-03

theinsider8 to sikboy1029

to sikboy1029
remember your service works using DHCP so your network configuration will be dynamic not static. call your local office and ask them to put the mac address of your ps2 network adapter onto your account and that should take care of the problem.
sikboy1029
Freeport, IL

sikboy1029

I shouldn't have to do that, xbox live works fine without me getting the mac added
theinsider8
join:2004-02-03

theinsider8

I dont have an answer as to why the mac address of the Xbox would not be needed other than if you had it behind a router. The way Insight's system is setup, the mac address of the modem and whatever device is behind it must be on your account. Not the billing account but the broadband account. With any computer you can use your browser to make changes to the devices on your account but since gaming consoles have no way to access the web you're out of luck. This forces you to call Insight and have them add the mac address of the PS2 manually, then when you run the ISP setup disk it should complete. Just for future reference, I have a router behind my modem and my PS2, 3 pc's, 1 mac and xbox all connected to it. This may be something for you to think about if your connecting multiple devices.
sikboy1029
Freeport, IL

sikboy1029

I set my xboxes mac address to match my pc, that's why I didn't have to get that mac added

robbyg627
Premium Member
join:2003-09-14
Bradenton, FL

robbyg627

Premium Member

In that case try registering the mac of the ps2. If you connect it to the modem and power it on the ip will be a 10. and the dns will be 12.223.2.9 or 12.223.2.8 which are the registration servers. Once registerd it will change new ip 12. and dns will be whatever is set for your area unless you specify what server you want to use.
sikboy1029
Freeport, IL

sikboy1029

see I was using the DNS and IP from ipconfig /all, is that the problem?
DonovanFaro
join:2004-02-10
Bloomfield, IN

1 recommendation

DonovanFaro to sikboy1029

to sikboy1029
Each account allows one Mac to gain access to the internet. Thus saying, since you changed your MAC on your Xbox to match the MAC of the PC then the insight server thinks its the same thing. Your PS2 has a completely different MAC address causing it to be denied access to the internet. in order to bypass this you will have to do one of the following:

A) Change your MAC to match the other two devices.

B) Register your PS2 w/ Insight by calling customer support.

C) Purchase a router.

I do not think A can be done honestly. Choosing B would become difficult if you swap net useage between PC, Xbox, and Ps2 Regularly. The EASIest answer is to get a router. Register the router with INsight and then everything can use the web at the same time.

hope that helps.
sikboy1029
Freeport, IL

sikboy1029

man, that sucks, can you recommend a router?
DonovanFaro
join:2004-02-10
Bloomfield, IN

DonovanFaro to sikboy1029

to sikboy1029
I personally recommend Linksys for their routers. Excellent products and the prices are very good.