spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ness25

@aol.com

Westell Versalink 327W-DSL light blinking

I have spent hours now on the phone with Verizon Techs. My DSL light is blinking, which I have seen everyone talk about, (means it is not in sync?) I am now being sent a new modem. I feel like things are not going to change when I get it. What could be blocking me from connecting? I tried looging on w/ internet explorer, but the techs couldn't help because my modem doesn't let me get past the first page..all I get is a window saying please connect a DSL line. This is driving me crazy!!!!!

Eddy2

@lightship.net
You are not saying if this is the first time you got DSL service, was it working on another modem before the Versalink, what speed you are provisioned, what's loop length, etc.

No need to try browsing Internet IE or any other software until you get sync. Don't even bother to explain what is first page or next. Your only concern now is to see if you can find clues in the modem's config pages, and no further.
The versalink has some diagnostic capability, so you either got a bad modem, or the line is bad or not connected on ISP side, or connected to faulty interface.

IMHO, this issue should have been diagnosed by the even less experienced techs in less than the hours you talk about.
(resolution is another issue)

capn-md

@sea1-4.xx.86.xx.sea1
reply to ness25
I also spent a few frustrating days on the phone with Verizon concerning a non syncing DSL signal. For some reason, their basic phone support does not understand the fact that if the DSL light is blinking, it doesn't matter what your computer or ethernet is doing, without a DSL link, the rest is moot. What I finally did was to take the modem outside to the technicians jack on the phone box and plug it directly in there. Turned out that a previous owner had DSL back when the phone company actually came out and installed a separate data link in the main box, and put a filter on the voice tap. So when I plugged into the data port, presto, DSL sink. I then had to identify where the data line went in the house, and plug the modem into that port. After that, no problems.

ness25

@ucu.org
Good Idea, I think I'll try that. This is my first time trying to connect...I just got a new modem in the mail today, hopefully I won't have any further frustration. Thanks for the reponses guys

mabus
i make the fort glow

join:2002-11-12
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to ness25
sounds similar to the issue i had.... when i first had my ATM dsl line hooked up, they screwed up the provisioning. Tech support had to issue a trouble ticket to have a field engineer check the actual line at the CO. Took Vz about 48 hours to resolve this.
--
Mister Scruff makes my ears happy

STEREOLAB - THE GREATEST BAND ON EARTH

ness25

@ucu.org
reply to Eddy2
By the way, the techs told me to go on IE to the westell page, they said this is the only way to tell why I am not getting a connection. Since I couldn't get past the first page, the tech told me to contact Westell, then gave me a disconnected number. I wish I could get a tech to come to the house, I hardly have time to deal with this. They have not offered, and I don't want to pay for anything

ness25

@ucu.org
reply to mabus
Why does no one @ verizon offer this info??! BTW, Stereolab is GREAT

mabus
i make the fort glow

join:2002-11-12
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to ness25
said by ness25:

By the way, the techs told me to go on IE to the westell page, they said this is the only way to tell why I am not getting a connection. Since I couldn't get past the first page, the tech told me to contact Westell, then gave me a disconnected number. I wish I could get a tech to come to the house, I hardly have time to deal with this. They have not offered, and I don't want to pay for anything
okay... unless you installed the verizon cd, the default user name is admin and the default password is password if memory serves me correctly... otherwise, the CD's software will change the name/pw on the modem to mirror that of your master verizon account login (probabaly res00000 or something like that for the user name)

And, unless the modem gets sync (which it isn't) the modem is not really going to offer up any other useful information. The only time you get signal stats is when the modem has synced. Verizon's level-1 tech support script readers seem to be feeding you alot of crap just to get you off the line. If they continue to do this, be persistent, but pleasant and try to speak with a supervisor or higher level of tech support.

If all else fails, call and ask to cancel service and they'll send you to the retention department.... those people are smart enough to do whatever it takes to keep you as a customer and have a decent success rate at solving problems that other departments can't/don't want to.
--
Mister Scruff makes my ears happy

STEREOLAB - THE GREATEST BAND ON EARTH

NaveenKD

@lsanca1.dsl-verizon.
reply to ness25
Change the mode to 11b i.e to work only with type B