spc
uniqs

ness25
@ucu.org

ness25 to Eddy2

Anon

to Eddy2

Re: Westell Versalink 327W-DSL light blinking

By the way, the techs told me to go on IE to the westell page, they said this is the only way to tell why I am not getting a connection. Since I couldn't get past the first page, the tech told me to contact Westell, then gave me a disconnected number. I wish I could get a tech to come to the house, I hardly have time to deal with this. They have not offered, and I don't want to pay for anything

mabus
i make the fort glow
join:2002-11-12
Fort Wayne, IN

mabus

said by ness25:

By the way, the techs told me to go on IE to the westell page, they said this is the only way to tell why I am not getting a connection. Since I couldn't get past the first page, the tech told me to contact Westell, then gave me a disconnected number. I wish I could get a tech to come to the house, I hardly have time to deal with this. They have not offered, and I don't want to pay for anything
okay... unless you installed the verizon cd, the default user name is admin and the default password is password if memory serves me correctly... otherwise, the CD's software will change the name/pw on the modem to mirror that of your master verizon account login (probabaly res00000 or something like that for the user name)

And, unless the modem gets sync (which it isn't) the modem is not really going to offer up any other useful information. The only time you get signal stats is when the modem has synced. Verizon's level-1 tech support script readers seem to be feeding you alot of crap just to get you off the line. If they continue to do this, be persistent, but pleasant and try to speak with a supervisor or higher level of tech support.

If all else fails, call and ask to cancel service and they'll send you to the retention department.... those people are smart enough to do whatever it takes to keep you as a customer and have a decent success rate at solving problems that other departments can't/don't want to.