Search similar:

uniqs
Samwoo
join:2002-02-15
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

3 edits

Samwoo

Let me get this straight

"This is not a tax charged directly to Verizon Online's customers," the e-mail informs users, "but the partial recovery of tax that Verizon Online must pay when they purchase the DSL circuit from the telephone company."
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Is the only words i can say,as well as the words below (you don' have to read them. its just a lot of logic in trying to un-twist this quote)

So this is a fee that they charge their customers so that they can reimburse themselves for the tax on their own capital (Wiring in this case).

So in part the customers will be paying for the capital that the company must spend to expand...

Hm isn't the company/investors the one who must pay for the capital (INCLUDING CAPITAL AND THE TAX FOR IT. I mean, i sure hope that Microsoft didn't charge me money so that they can pay off the taxes that they spent on their newest cd replicator, and then turn that tax into another fee on my receipt for windows. THE CAPITAL AND THE TAX FOR THE CAPITAL INVESTMENT ARE PART OF THE EXPENSES)... and isn't capital (and expenses) supposed to be payed for by profits... so if this was a charge for reimbursing capital... then by working in the reverse of
Profits pay for capital.
Then this capital reimbursement (as i will call it now) means that less of the profits have to be spent on capital and thus it is a profit increaser, or in proper terms a profit maker.
Since profits come from the charge for service. Then the only thing that this "tax"/profit maker is, is a charge for service, or a service fee... wich... isn't that the fee they charge your for using your internet?
So why are you now charging a service fee and a "tax/serviecefee"? I'm confused now...
Unless the truth is that they simply are increasing the service fee by using a very convoluted tax... then this just doesn't make any logical sence at all.
So i ask verizon to explain it to me better.

[sarcasm]This logic may be obvious to everyone else in the world...
But Verizon doesn't seem to be able to understand it.
So i hope they read this to learn.[/sarcasm]