All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

hillstsys
@ny325.east.verizon.n

hillstsys

Anon

Paying to add new services to pay for, too.

it wasn't until i went to lawschool that i realised just how much BS i had been taught all my life. for starters, we are a republic - not a true democracy. when was the last time YOU voted on a tax or a law? we vote for people who make laws - and taxes. the taxes you pay have nothing - NADA - to do with the product that's taxed. when you sign a mortgage, you give 3/4 of 1% in tax to the state/county. the bank gives 1/4 of 1% - but they get it back, which they never tell you. so, on a $300,000 mortgage you pay over $2100 in tax (much more in NYC) for NOTHING. all the county does is scan in and record your document. the USF and other taxes on this crappy internet service and the tax on the gas you burn have NOTHING to do with internet access or fuel - it's all the same crap - you get taxed because you HAVE TO borrow money to buy a house, you HAVE TO put gas in your car to go work and you HAVE TO have internet access.

next: the profit that verizon is making on you and me is going to install FTP- fiber to premises - if you haven't seen that already the verizon trucks will be pulling fiber in your neighborhood soon. why? because 30MB internet service is heading our way - for business first. why? so they can make MORE money and then start selling you TV service over fiber. cablevision did it on long island - we get charged a fortune for cable so cablevision can install fiber all over the place so they can sell i/o cable and internet and phone service. then charlie dolan from cablevision owns the network, the sports team and madison square garden.......wonder why cablevision is the biggest opponent of the stadium on the west side of manhattan?

see it for what it's worth: everything these companies do is to get their hands deeper in our pockets.

if ever you want to feel better about the little taxes on your internet service, check our your cellphone bill.

God bless.