[Help] SCSIport.sys BSOD and other BSOD errors

Hello all,

Computer Specifications:
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
512DDR Memory
40 GIG HD STS340810 A SCSI Disk Device
NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 With AGP8x
WinXP

Im working on a machine that keeps giving constant BSOD errors, one of them was a SCSIport.sys error the STOP error address was STOP:0x000000D1 "Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" then I rebooted the machine then there came another BSOD Stop: 0x000000D1.

I would appreciate any help on this matter, If anyone can point me in the right direction. I would like to find the website that mentions these errors ive looked for awhile now. Thank You all!

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

Start at this link.

»www.microsoft.com/resour ··· ottj.asp

Might be faulty drivers.

oursys08
join:2001-10-10
Manchester, KY

oursys08

Thanx for the reply jmn1207, I looked for that stop error it doesnt explain to much. I know it has to be a faulty driver but Im not sure which driver it could be. The system has a fresh install of the OS on it and the HD was placed in it not long ago, are there any drivers for the SCSI HD? I looked on seagate and could not find any.s

Everytime I reboot the machine if I do not go into safe mode it will not boot up it gives me BSOD right away and mostly refering to the SCSIport.sys at this point.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

Some more information:

»support.microsoft.com/kb/835166

You might try downloading Seagate's Diagnostic Tools and following this flowchart.

auggy
Mod
join:2001-12-24
Brockville, ON

auggy to oursys08

Mod

to oursys08
Also, anything showing up in the Event Viewer logs that would coincide with the Stop Errors? Any repetitive errors or warnings?

Also, if you can upload some of the Minidump files from the Stop Errors (located in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder) it might help.

oursys08
join:2001-10-10
Manchester, KY

oursys08

Hello,

We used the seagate test and it showed good, I removed all old software and drivers and the motherboard drivers and I went to biostar website for my motherboard and installed all new updated drivers. The computer seems to be running fine right now, My cousin said it usally gave BSOD errors when playing a game he said he could sit for hours and the computer never crash untill he starts to play games. I installed the newest video card drivers from nvidia so pretty much everything is updated except windows update if the computer runs smoothly for awhile im gonna update it to the newest windows drivers.

Thank You all for posting, I appreicate the help. I will keep the post updated if I have anymore errors, I hope this resolved the problem.