Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to Johnny Moon

Re: [Rant] My 2005 Ford Escape Escapade & general

said by Johnny Moon:

Sometimes it's best to cut your losses and get on with the rest of your life. It doesn't have anything to do with forefeitting, it's just being practical. Get rid of the car and buy something you'll be happier with.
That is about how I looked at it.. I figure at bare minimum they still have to give me payoff for the vechicle, and if they did that for the vechicle it can sit on another dealer's lot. It only has 12k on it so it is not like the mileage is really high. The car does one thing rather well, it does get good traction and handling for the front wheel drive it is, of all the bad things with the car that is one thing that did work rather well. Too bad when I put it in park it will depend on if I can get the key out or not.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this. My 2005 ford Escape and general dealership experience

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2

said by David:

I figure at bare minimum they still have to give me payoff for the vechicle...
Don't hold your breathe.... Well, they might do this if you buy a "replacement" from them.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

said by Hall:

said by David:

I figure at bare minimum they still have to give me payoff for the vechicle...
Don't hold your breathe.... Well, they might do this if you buy a "replacement" from them.
Well replacement is what I am looking for, after all. There are days I kind of wished we would have kept her old car.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this. My 2005 ford Escape and general dealership experience

Johnny Moon

join:2004-08-30
Northridge, CA

Buy a different brand. I would recommend this no matter what brand you have. Vote with your money!

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

1 edit

said by Johnny Moon:

Buy a different brand. I would recommend this no matter what brand you have. Vote with your money!
Oh I intend to all together, the Avalanche looked nice and drove like a dream..

I feel in love... or it went something like this

"I sink im n luuuv"

--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
My 2005 ford Escape and general dealership experience

Jerr K

join:2005-02-23
Cleveland, OH

1 recommendation

reply to David

Cutting your losses and moving on is about the best choice you would have at this time but.... I worked at a dealership for a number of years and what you experienced is not rare, sad to say. There are a few things I would like to point out: First..The trade in value is something that (if I were you) you should research before going to a dealership to trade it in. Just because you bought the vehicle there does not mean they will give you/owe you what you owe on it. The value will probably not be what you want/expect. »kbb.com is the first place that I would recommend that you start. Make sure that you check the trade in value.

Second.. Your service horror story is not uncommon at all!!! The service department has the most dissatisfied customers at ANY dealership. Period. The dealership that I worked for had 2 service shifts, sold about 250-300 new and used cars a month plus had a full service body shop. There were about 25-35 loaner cars and to no surprise.. The loaner cars were always out...the average wait time for a loaner was 3-5 days!! almost always. Everyone wanted a loaner car--and should have gotten one but it is not always possible.

I empathize with you about all of the problems that you have had with your SUV but no vehicle is (yes, even the imports) devoid of problems. Here is a link that you may want to check out. »www.smartmoney.com/consumerreports/autos/
I hope this helps you out!!