how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ticaro

join:2005-01-03

Chang the remote poort

Hi you all,

Can someone tell me how to change the remote settings on a 3CRWDR100A-72, I mean it's set to 8000, can this be changed, if so how.

Thank you

Romano

TEEK

join:2000-05-09
Milford, MA

You can not change the remote management port on the product. Why do you want to change it?

TEEK

Ticaro

I want to change it because I cannot access it from my work because of the ISA server. If the poort would be 80 instead of 8000, the problem would be gone.

Thanks

Romano

TEEK

Milford, MA

Romano,

Do you already have something on the DSL network on port 8000, or do you have something at the site you want to access it from?

As long as your firewall at work will pass port 8000 requests it should work for you.

What is the ISA server and why does it prevent you from doing this:

»w.x.y.z:8000

where w.x.y.z is your home router's IP address

for your home network? (by the way, configure dynamic DNS it's free for 5 addresses and you'll be able to remember the address automatically)

-TEEK

Ticaro

reply to Ticaro

Teek,

An ISA server is a Microsoft Server that controls it's users, which or what internet access they may have. So for instant if I want to surf to www.microsoft.com and the adminstrator say that the ISA server has to block this, it will. You can do this for everyone in the company. So in my case they've blocked all poort except for 80 and 3389 (terminal server). So I won't be able to access my router from my work except if I would be able to change the poort to 80. That the problem. But if I understand you right, I can not do this, so......forget it I gues.

Thank you,

Romano

TEEK

Milford, MA

Ticaro,

I see. Well there's one thing you can try... I'm not able to give it a shot myself on my unit, otherwise I'd try it...

Try to set up a virtual server on port 80, just like if you had a web server on your network. On the inside, set port 80 to point to 192.168.1.1 (the lan port on the router).

Do you understand what I'm suggesting?

-TEEK