spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ibanez991
join:2005-02-16
Panama City, FL

ibanez991

Connection Problems

Let me explain what is going on for you guys.

We have a business account with Knology that includes a static IP.

I have aprox. 12 computers on our network.

The problem I am having is loss of internet connectivity at random times. This can happen 8 times a day or stay on for 3 days. I had a tech come out and he said it is probably a bad device on my network causing the problem. I have been over this network with a fine tooth comb and can't find any problems.

Also something to note is, when we lose our internet we can still use the internal LAN.

I have replaced the router (Linksys BEFVP41), 2 switches and the modem in the troubleshooting process with no change. I have replaced network cards in most of the computers. I have monitored the traffic with a Fluke NeTool.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should check, or do you think it is a Knology issue? I think that's what I am leaning towards.

Thanks!
Ken

Cop
Premium Member
join:2001-09-05
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

Knology issue. Sounds like you got a tech that didnt now what he was talking about. Mabye try calling ago to get another tech out there.
ibanez991
join:2005-02-16
Panama City, FL

ibanez991

Called them today and they are going to monitor the connection for a week. Can't wait to see how long it takes my equipment to "heal" itself.

I tried to have the connection monitored before but they told me that wasn't possible.