spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tggg705
@206.61.x.x

tggg705

Anon

GHOSTERR.TXT ERRor

I got an EMACHINE T2482 and it came with to boot disks that had Symantec Ghost 7.0. it worked for restoring my computer until my cd drive died. And when i put a new cd drive in i could getr the process started and going to abot 40-45% and then an errror came up saying Cannot open GHOSTERR.TXT and now i can only get to the black screen that talks about your pci device listing and all that other stuff and it wiill also say a disk read ocurred. and if i put the restore cd in at the start up of my computer it will start to load to like i said 40-45% and then have that dumb error pop up. ANY ADVICE WOULD REALLY VERY BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFWDraco76
Premium Member
join:2001-02-21
Dallas, TX

DFWDraco76

Premium Member

call eMachines.

»www.emachines.com/suppor ··· ort.html

tggg705
@206.61.x.x

tggg705 to tggg705

Anon

to tggg705
I went to that website and i couldnt find anything that would help

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to tggg705

Premium Member

to tggg705
Try this: »service1.symantec.com/SU ··· osv_lvl=

tggg705
@206.61.x.x

tggg705 to tggg705

Anon

to tggg705
i already tried google and symantec support

Neil6
Stop All The Downloadin
join:2003-08-20
New York, NY

Neil6 to tggg705

to tggg705
How about eMachines support?

Chip0
Premium Member
join:2001-12-23
Connecticut

Chip0 to tggg705

Premium Member

to tggg705
See if this is any help.
»service1.symantec.com/SU ··· osv_lvl=

tggg705
@206.61.x.x

tggg705 to tggg705

Anon

to tggg705
I all ready tried that webpage on symantec and it didnt work and Emachines i tried yesterday to do that online chat which didnt work and couldnt find any thing else that would help on Symantec Support or Emachines help.

Sat_Man
Monotonous Isn't It
Premium Member
join:2001-09-14
Gray Court, SC

Sat_Man to tggg705

Premium Member

to tggg705
Check the CD drive you installed and make sure the cable is seated all the way, check the setting, master, slave or CS matches your old drive. If that checks out try another CD drive. You could have picked up a defective one.
PC_Baron
join:2005-02-25
Hopkins, MN

PC_Baron to tggg705

to tggg705
I was having this same error on an e-machine model A26EV17F. At the very end of the ghosting process I was receiving two errors:

(title bar) "Error"
(message body) "Cannot open ghosterr.txt"

This error was followed by

(title bar) "Application Error 437"
(message body) "Cannot read from file If this problem persists, contact symantec Technical Support at »service.symantec.com"

After scouring all the tech support forums I some how decided to try inserting a floppy disk half way through the restore. This time the errors did not show up. The system restored without any problems.

So try inserting a floppy disk after the restore starts. Then remove the floppy disk once the system prompts you to remove the restore cd's and restart the system.

Hope this helps.

Wes at Allstream
@216.191.x.x

Wes at Allstream

Anon

Thank you, PC Baron. I needed this very badly for work and the Symantec Enterprise website really blows.

1. It didn't work when I only put in a floppy disk.
2. It DID work when I put a floppy disk in with a blank file I created named "ghosterr.txt".
3. Sorry to teh forum regulars for bumping this old post. Found it on Google and just wanted to leave my thanks....

Regards,
Wes