how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

connie44

join:2005-02-19
Maryland Heights, MO

Can only print left side of page on net or email

Just recently found I cannot print full pages when I am using the internet. Only the left 1/3 side of emails print and I also could not print a bank statement. A second page will print the middle and a 3rd will print the right side. I have reinstalled my printer HP 960c and updates, reinstalled IE 6 & updates, but nothing changed. Am running ME and using Charter. I have called them but the young man said he had no idea either, but suggested I might post to this web site.
I keep my Norton Virus up to date. I have noticed something called WINMGMT running in the background which I cannot close down using Ctr, Alt, Del., but it is not listed when I try to shut it down in the start-up file. I also wonder about this.
Any help I could get would be truly appreciated. Thanks, Connie

pmohr
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Maryville, TN

Re: Can only print left side of page on net or ema

Can you print regularly through other apps like Word, Notepad, etc?

connie44

Maryland Heights, MO

Yes,sorry I meant to include that in my post. Everything else prints correctly. The problem is only with email and internet things, like my bank statement, bills, etc. So I don't figure the problem is with my printer, which is why I am so confused. I was going to go back with my restore points, but they were all gone. I guess it happened when I downloaded IE.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
reply to connie44

Re: Can only print left side of page on net or email

Did you check your page setup in IE for printing. It's different than your other print settings? File - Page Setup!
--
"Get down off your cross... use the wood to build a bridge... and get over it! -- Titus

connie44

Maryland Heights, MO

Thaaaaank You!!! I can't believe something so simple could almost drive me crazy. The time I spent!! I'm sure I looked there, but didn't look close enough. All margins were marked .5, but the right margin was just 5. And how did that get changed? I guess it's just "stuff" happens.

Anyway I can't thank you enough. I need to go celebrate. This was my first time to look at this board. The man at Charter suggested it as the best board around and I believe it. Thanks again. Connie

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2

1 edit

[Ahnold accent] You'll be back! [/Ahnold accent]