spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lordfields
join:2005-03-02

lordfields

telefonica router

I am need of someone's help.

I tried to order a router on line from Telefonica in English, but because I already have adsl and have been a Telefonica customer for 11 years, I was informed that I could NOT order on line - that I had to call 1002 for my router.

So far, so good, but now I can't get a manual in English because I didn't order it from them!!

Surely Telefonica is Telefonica?

However, with my limited knowledge of Spanish I did manage to configure the router and get it all working - but I have done something wrong because I can't get the laptop to work from the router - although I have a great signal. I need to uninstall and reinstall - and NEED a manual in English? Anyone out there can help?
MikeBarry
join:2005-03-08
Spain

1 recommendation

MikeBarry

If your connection is OK, then its probably your LAN settings that need adjusting. There are two ways of doing this:

1) Using DHCP - your router is probably set up for this already, so go into network settings and set your client PC for DHCP also. Best to restart after this.

2) Using Manual IP addresses - your router is probably set up and numbered as 192.168.1.1 or something similar, so set your client PC to Manual IP address such as 192.168.1.2 and set the gateway address to the router's address 192.168.1.1. Also set the DNS addresses to whatever Telefonica suggested.
spanishbob
join:2004-11-30
spain

spanishbob to lordfields

to lordfields
to be very frank, you should ditch the telefonica router and get a netgear dg834g or similiar. go on, you can do it!