uniqs

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa to DylanL

Premium Member

to DylanL

Re: [Vonage] Is Vonage Down?

I've had vonage for several months, nobody has ever commented that they noticed anything different than a POTS line.

Boggy13
@dllstx.fios.verizon.

Boggy13

Anon

I was actually referring to the fact that since my service is down, calls are being forwarded to my cell phone which doesn't get very good reception where I live.

And that would be one thing people considering a VOIP solution should make sure they have - a reliable backup. This wouldn't have such an impact if our cell service was 100% at the house. That way when we lost service, I would know I could still get calls.

I guess the most frustrating part of all of this is that my service is down and I have no way to fix it or find out when it will be fixed or if my problem is global or specific to me because I have no way to contact the company and get an answer.

That is why I keep lurking here. I am hoping to find some information that will let me know what is going on. So far I haven't been able to get this from Vonage by phone or e-mail. I've been all over the web and have found little new information about others still have problems since Friday. No one else seems to be totally dead. The only real news reference I have is about the 45 minute outage last week.
Test99
Premium Member
join:2003-04-24
San Jose, CA

Test99

Premium Member

Why not try out another VOIP service? With 15,000 new customers every week, it may take Vonage a while to get to your problem. At a minimum, testing another VOIP service will tell you whether the problem you are experiencing is specific to Vonage or whether it is related to your local network or your Internet connection.

Boggy13
@capitalone.com

Boggy13

Anon

FYI - I finally got in touch with a tech yesterday and they were able to get my service back up. I never received a reply from my earlier e-mails and I never was able to get anyone on the phone.

I took a chance and replied to an e-mail from my case three weeks ago. The same tech replied within an hour and called me back when I got home. Fixed in about five minutes. Required me to "Reset to Factory Defaults", which can only be done with a password provided by Vonage. Immediately my service was up.

If Vonage offered a premium support package for $5-$10 a month, which guaranteed they would answer the phone in 15 minutes I would probably sign up and drop the landline again. I can put up with the QOS because of the features and free long distance, but when my line goes dead and I can't get help it doesn't seem so cost effective. Especially when you factor in the amount of time I spent trying to get help.
vonage_rep
join:2002-08-20
New York, NY

vonage_rep to Boggy13

to Boggy13
Boggy13,
I am sorry to hear that you have had so much difficulty. Can I ask you to please send an email to dslreports@vonage.com with your contact information? Please reference this posting in your email.
I would like to take a closer look at the problems you experienced and make sure we have you up and running ASAP.

Thanks,
Vonage Customer Service
cmarquette
join:2003-01-07
Tulsa, OK

cmarquette

Having same call drop problem in 918 area code on my BUSINESS line. Not acceptable.
drewfell
join:2005-01-27
Puyallup, WA

drewfell

I had that this weekend, after twice fully rebooting EVERYTHING, it seems to be fixed.
cmarquette
join:2003-01-07
Tulsa, OK

cmarquette

By everything, what do you mean? I can't exactly reboot our T1 router or our switch. Both I should mention are Cisco, so I can almost guarantee it's not those.
drewfell
join:2005-01-27
Puyallup, WA

drewfell

Well, my line is residental. I rebooted my cable modem, Vonage adapter, and Router.

Once I rebooted the cable modem, which I haven't done in 4 months, all the dropped calls stopped.

ochituklo1
Premium Member
join:2004-04-19
Ardmore, OK

ochituklo1

Premium Member

I've had Vonage for for over 3 months and have never had any issues with incoming or outgoing call drops, outages, etc. The only problem we have had is that we can't use two phones at once to have a conversation with a caller.
I am in the Oklahoma City 405 area code.
corrosive23
join:2002-06-06
Tucson, AZ

corrosive23 to DylanL

to DylanL
Mine has been out since monday and repeated emails are ignored. Ive called on my cell only to be put on hold with a wait time of 45 minutes and then hung up withen 15 minutes.
Jfarmer4
join:2005-01-23
Jackson, MS

Jfarmer4 to DylanL

to DylanL
All is well in Jackson MS this morning. I got a call about 9:30 last night so it was working then too.
Aussie Lover
Rae
Premium Member
join:2004-12-30
East Berlin, PA

Aussie Lover to DylanL

Premium Member

to DylanL
No Problems here in central PA, no outages at all since I hooked it up a week ago.